UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

College Insider Tournament

I understand he is hurt but there has been no talk of surgery or this not being able to heel 100% - DanesRGood

I wouldn't expect things like that to be advertised but I would believe there must be alot of concern about him bouncing back!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO for Rowley to play some SF he needs to work on his mid-range and out jumper. Right now I'm not sure he has it. Like you DP, I'm a bit surprised with his quickness especially spins with his back to the basket. Above all I love his effort, especially down the stretch this season, seems to have a GREAT motor. We have something here if we can develop it. He needs to hit the weigh room hard as well.

I agree to an extent about the several positive comments concerning Rawley. I like his hustle and moves around the basket. He appears to have a nose for the ball and rebounds better than his size would suggest; and shows some grit and toughness. However, I do not think he can really develop a mid range jumper, if his foul shooting technique is any indication. He seems to push the ball one handed, with the other hand almost behind his back. This actually seems to work pretty well for him, but I do not think this translates well when defended. For this reason and because of his size, I repeat a comment I made earlier that he is a man without a position.

The answer to our big man problem is in the house and it is (1) a healthy Devlin and (2) Puk. I just do not know how to make this happen. "(1)" I guess all we can do is hope and for those who believe in a basketball god--pray. "(2)"--there simply has to be something the staff can/must do to help/make this kid reach his potential.

Archived