UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

College Insider Tournament

Men make the postseason!

Schedule will be posted this Sunday: http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/schedule-results.php

The men start their postseason schedule at home Wednesday the 14th at 7pm against Manhattan.

Manhattan ended their season at 20-12 and (12-6 in the MAAAAAAAC).

Similar opponents:

L - Syr (UA lost)

W - Brown (UA won)

L- George Mason (UA lost)

W - Binghamton (UA won twice)

WLL - $iena (UA lost)

WL - Rider (UA won)

If they win, (or when they win), the second round games will be held on Fri 16, Sat 17th or Sun 18th.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Men make the postseason!

Schedule will be posted this Sunday: http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/schedule-results.php

The men start their postseason schedule at home Wednesday the 14th at 7pm against Manhattan.

If they win, (or when they win), the second round games will be held on Fri 16, Sat 17th or Sun 18th.

Well, if the second game is Sunday night, MAYBE some of the students will be back.

any idae how we were able to host? manhattan's got a higher rpi than us.

People were saying on the other thread that who host may be based on $. In 2011 it cost $31,500 to host.

oh i see. thanks.

so UA paid to host a game when all the students are on break?

People were saying on the other thread that who host may be based on $. In 2011 it cost $31,500 to host.

oh i see. thanks.

i have a feeling that if we didnt offer to pay for a home game we may not have been invited, but who cares. hopefully we can get 2 games out of this.

oh i see. thanks.

They aren't a majority of the fans, unfortunately. There's also a lot of local Manhatten fans.

Dear UAlbany Season Ticket Holders,

The UAlbany Men’s Basketball team will host Manhattan on Wednesday March 14th at 7:00. A few of you have already asked about ticket details for the game. The CIT Invitational uses a different ticketing platform than we are accustomed to so we are still working out some final details. An email will be sent out by 4:00 on Monday with full details for this game.

Thank you for your continued support, Go Great Danes!

Thank you,

Brian Rudolph

Congratulations on the post season invite--any post season is worthwhile and it's a credit to your fan base to get a home game. I'll be there, just haven't decided which side of the arena to sit in yet. :)

LOL, An LCC even thinking about moving to the good side for a game. :lol:

Are we ready for that? are you ready for that :lol:

I suspect not and you'll end up with your green buddies who are still playing :)

Has anyone heard anything on the status of Michael Alvarado for this game? I believe he missed the qfinal game against Siena because of a broken orbital (eye) bone. He's one of their best players..and probably a big reason why the Jaspers didn't advaance in the MAAC tournament.

Wikipedia CIT story with bracket

However the CIT site says "Note: The fourth annual CIT will once again use the old NIT model in which matchups in future rounds are determined by the results of the previous round." Does that mean they reseed every round?

All Times EST

TUESDAY MARCH 13

Robert Morris (24-10) @ Indiana State (18-14) 7:00

Tennessee State (20-12) @ Mercer (22-11) 7:00

Coastal Carolina (19-11) @ Old Dominion (20-13) 7:00

Tennessee Tech (19-13) @ Georgia State (21-11) 7:00

McNeese State (17-15) @ Toledo (18-16) 7:00

Utah Valley (20-12) @ Weber State (24-6) 9:00

WEDNESDAY MARCH 14

Manhattan (20-12) @ Albany (19-14) 7:00

Yale (19-9) @ Fairfield (19-14) 7:00

Bowling Green (16-15) @ Oakland (17-15) 7:00