UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

College Insider Tournament

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a terrible showing without Aronhalt, Devlin (really can't go) and no PUK (could have really used him last night).

We need help in the paint - Metcalf usually bangs, Puk ( will finally get an off seasons worth of work in), Rowley will help us much more next year. But we need a Solid athletic BIG, not great but a bouncy guy who can get us 8-10pp and 7 boards.

I thought Suero got better (not good) defensively in the latter part of the year and his overall effort improved. He could be something special next season, now that he knows what he is facing and how close we came to being very decent.

What we need most is a healthy Aronhalt (we've haven't seen that yet), a much healthier Devlin, a healthy Peter Hooley and an "Improved" PUK. The bodies are all stuff that is in house already so it has nothing to do with recruiting.

I hope the staff can get us that one missing piece an athletic 6'7"+ big.

The problem is most 6'7+ athletic bigs don't usually play in the America East.

We just need a decent 6'6 or 6'7 kid that is interested in crashing the boards hard and getting us 6-8pts a game and 6 or 7 solid consistent rebounds.

I'm not convinced Puk likes basketball...

The problem is most 6'7+ athletic bigs don't usually play in the America East.

We just need a decent 6'6 or 6'7 kid that is interested in crashing the boards hard and getting us 6-8pts a game and 6 or 7 solid consistent rebounds.

I'm not convinced Puk likes basketball...

It's disappointing. With his size he should be dominating the America East. Hopefully something clicks over the summer.

just an aside--------Mr. John Hughes, the subject of our wrath on Wednesday----was on the floor officiating the Duke=Lehigh game tonight

Are you serious?! Wow.

I'm surprised this guy is refing D1 games let alone NCAA games...is there really that big a shortage. What a joke.

Essentially some health in the front court and an Al Rapier-type player would probably serve us well.

I like Rowley as well. He's quicker than I expected and a heady player. I'm not 100% sold on him playing PF all the type. There are opponents where it works in conference sometimes but it's not always a great match-up with bigger front courts like SBs.

One Bid Wonders has a good story about this game. In it Coach Brown talks about Rowley playing some SF which I think would be great.

IMO for Rowley to play some SF he needs to work on his mid-range and out jumper. Right now I'm not sure he has it. Like you DP, I'm a bit surprised with his quickness especially spins with his back to the basket. Above all I love his effort, especially down the stretch this season, seems to have a GREAT motor. We have something here if we can develop it. He needs to hit the weigh room hard as well.

He needs to work on his shooting but really if you look at Voelkl and Tommy Brenton. Both play at the SF spot a lot and I wouldn't say either one is a great shooter.

If everyone comes back healthy I don't know how much time there will be at SF anyway. I'm hoping to see Guerrier less up front at more at the small forward spot. Really, I just want to see Guerrier play more anywhere.

IMO for Rowley to play some SF he needs to work on his mid-range and out jumper. Right now I'm not sure he has it. Like you DP, I'm a bit surprised with his quickness especially spins with his back to the basket. Above all I love his effort, especially down the stretch this season, seems to have a GREAT motor. We have something here if we can develop it. He needs to hit the weigh room hard as well. -Clickclack

I think your off base regarding the weight room. Rowley is very strong. I think strength isn't an issue - his problem like Voelkell and Brenton he needs to develop that mid range game.

The good thing is he is only a freshman.

We shouldn't forget about the impact that Hooley was believed to have had with this team and Page is a redshirt.

The biggest thing I see as a concern is health especially Devlin, with a healthy Devlin (and at his freshman level of play) this team wins atleast another 2 or 3 games this past season.

Isn't Devlin supposed to be that guy who can be a 10pts, 9rbs guy? - DanesRGood

Have you been following the team this year?

It appears that Devlin struggled with his back and then compounded it with hurting a knee.

Devlin at his Freshman level would have probably garnered UA a few more wins this year.

Billy Allen showed great promise his freshman year until he hurt his back and then had back surgery and Billy, to me, never regained the promise he originally had. He gave us everything he had just like Luke this year but to me he seemed extremely limited.

I would hope Luke will be fully recovered by next season but if it was up to me I would go out and get another Big.

Isn't Devlin supposed to be that guy who can be a 10pts, 9rbs guy? - DanesRGood

Have you been following the team this year?

It appears that Devlin struggled with his back and then compounded it with hurting a knee.

Devlin at his Freshman level would have probably garnered UA a few more wins this year.

Billy Allen showed great promise his freshman year until he hurt his back and then had back surgery and Billy, to me, never regained the promise he originally had. He gave us everything he had just like Luke this year but to me he seemed extremely limited.

I would hope Luke will be fully recovered by next season but if it was up to me I would go out and get another Big.

Watched almost every game. I understand he is hurt but there has been no talk of surgery or this not being able to heel 100%. He should've been better this year than his freshman and I'm hoping that he can come back healthy next year and have that type of season. Fingers crossed.

Archived