UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE in the Offseason

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so sure about this hire. Maybe OK in the basketball sense but I always though MAAC coaches have more "latitude" in who they recruit. Maybe I'm wrong but that would be the last thing Bing needs.

Is there any evidence that he was recruiting players that didn't belong in college like the local maac school or any warning signs like with Broadus.

If he was recruiting academically qualified players for Rider, he should be able to adjust to Bingo's academic standards.

• 2 weeks later...

John A. Fantino ‏@JohnFantino UVM has yet to grant McGlynn a release. Coach Becker and UVM's athletic department has seven business days to decide.

McGlynn leaving UVM basketball team

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120606/SPORTS0101/120606018/-1/rss?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by MsGDG

John A. Fantino ‏@JohnFantino UVM has yet to grant McGlynn a release. Coach Becker and UVM's athletic department has seven business days to decide.

McGlynn leaving UVM basketball team

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120606/SPORTS0101/120606018/-1/rss?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What is going on with this conference?????

What is going on with this conference?????

It's not just the AE although it seems like it. Transfers are at an all-time high across college basketball. I have to wonder if they're counting the "George Mason" 5th year transfers with all of them.

This is a big blow to UVM...coming into the season I thought with all of the kids they had especially a young stud like Four who would only get better that they would be a clear #1...this certainly clouds the picture a bit. They have now lost Glass and Four...I know someone will probably step up but going into the season I'm not sure who is going to consistently score on that team.

• 4 weeks later...

When One Good Name Leaves, Add Another

With Four McGlynn out the door, UVM needed to find two things: a body, and a good name. They got both.

Trey Blue has announced that he will attend UVM for graduate school next season and will be eligible immediately. The 6'3" Shooting Guard has logged minutes for both Fordham and Illinois State over the past few years. Prior to his collegiate experience, he attended Brewster Academy with UVM Junior Luke Apfeld.

Blue played sparingly for Illinois State last season. In fact, he looks like he only got into games for garbage time. This will not matter to UVM, who needs enough bodies to run practice.

When this past season ended, Vermont looked like they would be flush at the guard position heading into next year. With the departures of McGlynn, Brendan Bald, and, to a lesser extent, Chris Santo, Vermont hardly had enough guards to fill out the roster. Blue fulfills that need. And who knows, maybe he will fit Vermont's system better than he fit the Redbirds'.

http://www.unrankedae.com/2012/7/7/3143726/when-one-good-name-leaves-add-another

• 1 month later...

OT: In a surprise move...Loyola bolts the MAAC for the Patriot league...clearly one of their better programs. This is gonna hurt them...

Can't say I blame them. They were already way too good to be in a LAX league with those lowly maac schools. Why not join a league where all your teams can play.

Katz...

"A source said Wednesday that La Salle would have no interest in going back to the MAAC from the A-10, despite having much more success in the former league. The MAAC should focus on getting Quinnipiac or Monmouth as a replacement for Loyola. Both schools have poured money into athletic department facilities. Either one would be a good fit for the MAAC. The other option could be Albany, but I’m not sure Siena would be on board considering the two schools share the same city. Stony Brook would be a great get but the Seawolves seem poised to make a bigger jump at some point if they leave. The MAAC board of directors will meet Tuesday to discuss Loyola’s exit and likely realignment issues."

Really?