UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE in the Offseason

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Binghamton Univ. freshmen basketball players may transfer

Freshman guard Chris Longoria said Friday that he and freshman forwards Ben Dickinson and Omar Richards had received releases from their scholarships in order to transfer to other schools.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20120420/SPORTS/120420016/3-Binghamton-Univ-freshmen-basketball-players-may-transfer?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

WOW! If true, they just ripped the heart out of a two win team. Dickenson looked liked he had/has a lot of potential. I think he could have become a real force in the ameast. I was impressed with Richards also, but do not remember much about Longoria. What a blow if true.

Edited by dslyank

• 2 weeks later...

This is what they should have done in the beginning. They would be a year or two into rebuilding if they done it then instead of being in purgatory as they are now. Even with this they've pretty much killed any chances a new coach would have of recruiting for next year by waiting until almost May to let Macon go.

It would be interesting to see Coach Eaton there. I think he can do well somewhere, maybe wary of this situation but he seems like he can be a good HC somewhere. It would be tough to see him coach Bing but he'd be a good guy to rebuild the mess they built themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me..or has there been very little press/public talk about this search? I believe the Binghamton spot is one of the last DI head coaching spots still available (I think Brown and Morehead State are still officially open)..but I've heard/read/seen very little speculation, rumors, etc.

Reports are that Binghamton is interviewing Rider's Tommy Dempsey today..with a possible offer to accompany the meeting. Would be a surprising jump for Dempsey..in my opinion. Would also leave Rider in a tight spot with a head coaching vacancy this late into the off-season.

Or he could be doing a 'will brown' move, and leveraging for more cash at rider

Are you referencing Bona? If so..tough to leverage after a 13 win season. Brown was coming off back-to-back 20 win/NCAA bid seasons and was being courted by an A-10 school. Seems like a bit of a different situation to me. Who knows though.

Reports are that Binghamton is interviewing Rider's Tommy Dempsey today..with a possible offer to accompany the meeting. Would be a surprising jump for Dempsey..in my opinion. Would also leave Rider in a tight spot with a head coaching vacancy this late into the off-season.

Wonder if the TU will stop reporting on who drunks "hang out" with long enough to notice Dempsey moved up from the lowly maac.

Another reason why Santillo is better than any of the TU reporters.