UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal looking.

And a couple of things that I have been wondering about for months as I have watched the construction...I think MAY be confirmed.

1. There is an ability for a concourse at the midlevel (basically underneath the upperdeck. It looks like poured concrete and metal. This is very interesting.

2. It looks like the roof overhang serves two potential purposes: 1) shade for the press box; and 2) A base for outdoor club seats that will be connected to the upper vip booths put in a later date.

3. It looks like the tower was built for a wrap around effect.

Unreal looking.

And a couple of things that I have been wondering about for months as I have watched the construction...I think MAY be confirmed.

1. There is an ability for a concourse at the midlevel (basically underneath the upperdeck. It looks like poured concrete and metal. This is very interesting.

2. It looks like the roof overhang serves two potential purposes: 1) shade for the press box; and 2) A base for outdoor club seats that will be connected to the upper vip booths put in a later date.

As to #3, by wrap around do you mean the possibility for an upgraded stadium that is enclosed at that end of the stadium? That would be terrific. I hope at a minimum that the lower bowl will wrap all around the field at the next stage of this project.

Unreal looking.

The Stadium plans actually indicate that a 2nd level concourse is possible in future phase.

The real answer will be when you take the elevator whether there is an inoperaple "2nd floor stop" right now.

You'll know when the turf is getting ready to go down - they'll clear out that staging area in the south end zone.

The real answer on expansion, in my mind, will be answered when we see what kind of temporary stands they put on the away side. If they're cheap and really really temporary, then I think we'll know they plan the expansion sooner rather than later. If they spend a lot of money putting in bleachers that look like they'll be there a few years, I think its safe to say they will be there a few years.

Grading work is starting n the visitor's side.

Perhaps we'll get a chance to see what is in store for the visitor's side.

Brutus - any insight on the visitor's side? Its the one thing we have zero visibility into the plans for.

I assume there will be additional light towers from behind the press tower and additionally from behind the visitor's seating....?

Will the south end score board be about the same size as sbu's?

No more lights. The 4 light towers there are state of the art and supposedly rated to handle an HDTV broadcast.

SBU's video board is bigger - 20x50......the main video board at BFF will be 21.5x38

The layout is different though as we'll have two additional screens for ads/stats.

12 feet less is probably the length of the seawolf from the edge of the board. In short, the board will still be big for the main tv screen, while our stats and other cool PIP features are MUCH better.

e1fdc66a51c0f532d1414840b96fb11b

Edited by Dane96

12 feet less is probably the length of the seawolf from the edge of the board. In short, the board will still be big for the main tv screen, while our stats and other cool PIP features are MUCH better.

The sizes above are just video board, not frame.

The sizes above are just video board, not frame.

Yep. Basically our videoboard is 12 feet shorter in width...not that bad.