UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lights going up had a tremendous visual impact. The turf will be exponentially impactful.

The next huge step is the upper deck.

I'm really also very very curious to see what the away side will look like. If the seat map is any indication, it will run 10-10. I would be surprised if it did, but it would be nice.

Image.JPG

Edited by danefan

I thought this afternoon that the turf would be going in soon, as there's an orange line the length of the center of the field (hard to see unless you zoom in)

fordfield04262013009.jpg

Also it didn't look to me like there was glass over the plywood sections on the back of the suite windows, so maybe they can be removed to bring stuff in if the second deck goes up

fordfield04262013010.jpg

But then many of us will get an up-close view tomorrow

I like the alternating turf over any gimmick like purple turf....this right here is perfect in my opinion.

It definitely falls under the guises of "gimmicky", but I would prefer the great dane logo to the "UAlbany" logo. Then again, maybe I just want to be like the Kansas Jayhawks, considering how unique, and how "hip" our mascot is (in my opinion, anyhow.)

The page does not that the logo are to be "confirmed by university athletics", so we won't know for a couple of weeks.

Maybe we should have a poll on what logo is preferred.

Who owns the rights?!

I don't know, just seem to remember when they introduced the last logo, somebody said our rights 'expired'. If not, I think it was a bad decision to change it to what we've got now.

Oh, and on the field, I think UALBANY looks especially bad when it's all upper-case.

Edited by UAalum72