UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

You are allowed to give out 63 rides to 85 players from my understanding of the rules. I think a certain proportion must be full scholly.

Not unless it's a CAA rule. But if you give out all 63 rides, you can give 63 full, or 41 full plus 22 split among 44 partials, or something in between.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are allowed to give out 63 rides to 85 players from my understanding of the rules. I think a certain proportion must be full scholly.

Not unless it's a CAA rule. But if you give out all 63 rides, you can give 63 full, or 41 full plus 22 split among 44 partials, or something in between.

I tend to not trust these reports until they are officially announced, but it seems like this transition to the CAA is going to happen. With that said, if somebody had told me that by 2013 the UAlbany football team would have only two scholarships less than the Penn State football team, I would have asked them to pass around whatever they were smoking.

I think we all know its true and a done deal... but from what we've witnessed over the years, we are naturally

skeptical of these types of things.

New stadium, playing CAA teams at full scholly, playing fbs money games.... holy guacamole that's a cool thing to write!

I think this calls for a Saturday afternoon beer!

I hope the Newsday article is correct and we get the official announcement next week. We've all been waiting a long time for the jump. My wait is almost at 20 years. In 1993 I would imagine spots for a stadium and then march of distances to see if it would fit. I was horrified when I attended my first D3 game. My high school had a better field and more fans.

At long last, we have arrived.

All indications are that UA will be playing CAA football in 2013. It also looks like the first phase of the stadium should be completed within a year, also 2013.

My question to you, what is the next milestone for UA football outside of playing well and trying to win the conference (that is an assumed milstone).

I see two milestones.

1) Our first FBS game. We need to have at least 1 per year both for revenue, name exposure and fan interest. SBU has two this year (Army and 'Cuse). Any guesses of prefences on who that would be?

2) Stadium expansion. I know it's not even built yet but over the next 5 years I would like a second phase put in. At $18M this phase is 1/2 the cost initially planned fort a phase one a few years ago, which was $36M. SBU is sure to have another phase dialed up in five years. What makes sense for a phase 2? Visitor side permanent seats or second row of boxes? What is feasible to see in a five year period?

All indications are that UA will be playing CAA football in 2013. It also looks like the first phase of the stadium should be completed within a year, also 2013.

My question to you, what is the next milestone for UA football outside of playing well and trying to win the conference (that is an assumed milstone).

I see two milestones.

1) Our first FBS game. We need to have at least 1 per year both for revenue, name exposure and fan interest. SBU has two this year (Army and 'Cuse). Any guesses of prefences on who that would be?

2) Stadium expansion. I know it's not even built yet but over the next 5 years I would like a second phase put in. At $18M this phase is 1/2 the cost initially planned fort a phase one a few years ago, which was $36M. SBU is sure to have another phase dialed up in five years. What makes sense for a phase 2? Visitor side permanent seats or second row of boxes? What is feasible to see in a five year period?

I'd like to see us to alternative between a BCS school and a winnable FBS game every other year. 2013 - Army; 2014 - UConn; 2015 - UMass; 2016 - Rutgers

As far as the stadium goes, I am hopeful we'll be pushing 15,000 seats within 5 years. But only if we're filling it up constantly. I'd rather have a smaller full stadium (a la Richmond) than a a large half-empty stadium.

Smaller capacity could give rise to our tickets being the hot ticket. That creates excitement.

What would phase 2 of the stadium look like? What would be your guess of what makes sense? Finish the lower bowl?

What are the odds of a FBS team next year? It may be early to have a FBS lined up considering scholly ramp up and short notice.