UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Time for UAlbany to shine

UAalum72

Paul Bray column on the fiftieth anniversary of the College for Teachers getting a mission to become a university.

"The NanoCollege can't fill the shoes of a great university by itself"

Call for the University to do more to involve itself with the city. Part of the problem is the isolated location (compared to when he went to Page Hall). Still no plan for the College Grant program.

As an economic engine "UAlbany is a mix of visionary leadership and an example of being stuck in the mud"

Paul Bray column on the fiftieth anniversary of the College for Teachers getting a mission to become a university.

"The NanoCollege can't fill the shoes of a great university by itself"

Call for the University to do more to involve itself with the city. Part of the problem is the isolated location (compared to when he went to Page Hall). Still no plan for the College Grant program.

As an economic engine "UAlbany is a mix of visionary leadership and an example of being stuck in the mud"

It's true. It's shameful that we haven't even submitted our proposal yet. We should all be writing to Phillips to express our disapointment and outrage. I'll be sure to let them know the next time I get a call for a donation

The SUNY2020 proposal 'presentation' is a formality. The university and the Gov. office are working back and forth on it. The university had their plan and the Gov. office asked them to go back a tweak a handful of items before 'submitting their proposal.'

Pretty straight-forwarded stuff in this realm.

The SUNY2020 proposal 'presentation' is a formality. The university and the Gov. office are working back and forth on it. The university had their plan and the Gov. office asked them to go back a tweak a handful of items before 'submitting their proposal.'

This might all be true but to the rest of the world it plays like we are run by incompetent people.

What's the alternative? Philip calling up the TU and saying Cuomo won't let us formally submit our proposal yet?

I really only added my comment because I don't want people who should be the university's bigger supporters (people who post on this board) threaten to withhold contributions to the school simply because the media doesn't have/report the entire story.

Sounds like you are making excuses for them. In any case, I'm sure the protocol was the sane for Bing, Buff and SBU and they seemed to have completed everything on time

What's the alternative? Philip calling up the TU and saying Cuomo won't let us formally submit our proposal yet?

I really only added my comment because I don't want people who should be the university's bigger supporters (people who post on this board) threaten to withhold contributions to the school simply because the media doesn't have/report the entire story.

Can you shed any light on what in our original proposal needed to be tweaked?

Sounds like you are making excuses for them.

Geez..stuff like this can make the board intolerable sometimes. I'm not defending or incriminating anyone. Because of the lack of public information about this, I was simply posting information that the board might be interested in.

I'll be sure to keep information like that to myself next time.

Sounds like you are making excuses for them. In any case, I'm sure the protocol was the sane for Bing, Buff and SBU and they seemed to have completed everything on time

Without knowing the details, he is not making excuses. Maybe the proposal is so "huge" that the government wants to ensure all things are squared away because it is a rubber stamp. Bid writers are human and make mistakes. The technical nuance of legal constraints is rather large when dealing with public money.

I am an attorney for a contractor that deals with public agencies for 95% of our business model. Believe me...going back and "fixing" your small errors is a regular occurrance.

I have to agree with Phoenix and others, I do not believe UA is lax or negligent with their 2020 proposal. In fact the things the State is asking for in this "program", Albany has been doing for years---It is called Nano College. If any of the four centers knows how the game is played, it is UA. Like some of you, I DO NOT have any inside information, but I firmly believe the State is holding UA hostage because we have been successful (beyond imagination) with nano college. In my opinion, Politics and regional jealousies once again rear their ugly head. In my opinion 2020 is just a fancy new name for "pork" spending and our proposal is probably so much better than the rest, the State powers are dragging their feat and making sure all i's are dotted and and t's are crossed, before declaring us the winner (even though it appears every district is getting something {pork}, no matter how bad their proposal. Remember my comments are my opinions only, and I do NOT profess to have any insider or otherwise information. In fact, I could never figure out this State government and how it works (except money seems to talk and flows downstate); so have a good laugh at my theories if you wish.

Love to see the stadium referenced in there.

"At the uptown campus, the new multi-sports complex will serve the campus and the community."

It's a small thing but I liked including the community. We could use more of that.