UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Indoor Practice Facility or Upgraded Bubble

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As everyone said, UAlbany doesn't have the money. If we did, it would be better put to work on the stadium. The City of Albany also doesn't have the money.

The only resource with the money is the state aka Governor Cuomo. It's up to him. Gov Cuomo do you want the Giants in Albany?

In 16 years all UA has gotten was some air conditioning. This would be the first big win. Especially if we could get a Youngstown State facility. It makes sense because as others pointed out we could reconfigure SEFCU and remove the track. UA Basketball, UA Track, UA Football and the Giants all win. The governor can make it happen if he wanted to.

Edited by SoCal_Dane

A full-blown complex is a relatively small capital spend.

Youngstown State just built a beautiful complex with indoor track for $12.5m

http://www.ysusports.com/information/facilities/watts

watts-night.jpg

WATTSIndoor.jpg?max_height=340&max_width=536

Man...this is all kinds of beautiful...

I agree. Beautiful.

How much did the state provide to down state projects like Yankee Stadium and the Giants? This would be a couple bucks for upstate at a state university. This would really help NY state college athletics. Everyone wants the Giants to stay. Throw a bone to upstate! Make it happen Governor.

Edited by SoCal_Dane

A full-blown complex is a relatively small capital spend.

Youngstown State just built a beautiful complex with indoor track for $12.5m

http://www.ysusports.com/information/facilities/watts

watts-night.jpg

WATTSIndoor.jpg?max_height=340&max_width=536

Man...this is all kinds of beautiful...

I agree. Beautiful.

How much did the state provide to down state projects like Yankee Stadium and the Giants? This would be a couple bucks for upstate at a state university. This would really help NY state college athletics. Everyone wants the Giants to stay. Throw a bone to upstate! Make it happen Governor.

The Yankees really only get the ability to issue tax-free bonds. They have to eventually pay them back.

I wish we could do that. I think the stadium would have been built sooner than just waiting for a straight out handout.

Also, lets not forget.....we'll need to eventually get to facilities like Youngstown State. Those are things you need to become a premier FCS team.

Take a look at App State's facility.

http://www.playattherock.com/asu-sofield-indoor-facility.php

LOL...might as well go FBS.

EDIT: Having said that...BOOOO the track around the perimeter...I love our setup.

Edited by Clickclack

Also, lets not forget.....we'll need to eventually get to facilities like Youngstown State. Those are things you need to become a premier FCS team.

A very good point. We need to this level of facilities even in FCS. I hope the Giants make facilities a non-negotiable requirement and the state relents. That would be the first tangible outcome outside of some air conditioning.

I hope the Giants force the issue but don't get me wrong, photos of a very full stadium watching the Giants would be good for us. Photos of a very full stadium for any event would be good for us. It gives us an argument to expand to a reasonable major FCS level facility.

We'll see what plays out for the year.

We've all seen this video before...

Those that may be in the know (Brutus) or others...how significantly have we deviated from this vision? I know this is perhaps many stages but can this still be achieved at some point? Or have we completely blown this apart?

Unfortunatly the video does not work anymore. But the picture of the conception IMO can be achieved in the future once the popularity of UA football succeeds and we can get more funding. Rutgers recently just finished their bowls.

Those that may be in the know (Brutus) or others...how significantly have we deviated from this vision? I know this is perhaps many stages but can this still be achieved at some point? Or have we completely blown this apart?

Unfortunatly the video does not work anymore. But the picture of the conception IMO can be achieved in the future once the popularity of UA football succeeds and we can get more funding. Rutgers recently just finished their bowls.

When you say "video does not work anymore" do you mean you can't view the video or this vision is no longer workable?

When you say "video does not work anymore" do you mean you can't view the video or this vision is no longer workable?

Nevermind after i posted that it worked. hahaha

A very good point. We need to this level of facilities even in FCS. I hope the Giants make facilities a non-negotiable requirement and the state relents. That would be the first tangible outcome outside of some air conditioning.

I hope the Giants force the issue but don't get me wrong, photos of a very full stadium watching the Giants would be good for us. Photos of a very full stadium for any event would be good for us. It gives us an argument to expand to a reasonable major FCS level facility.

We'll see what plays out for the year.

Considering the NEW YORK Giants play in NEW JERSEY, the least NYS can do is pony up a few mill to keep the Giants from abandoning the state completely

As everyone said, UAlbany doesn't have the money. If we did, it would be better put to work on the stadium. The City of Albany also doesn't have the money.

The only resource with the money is the state aka Governor Cuomo. It's up to him. Gov Cuomo do you want the Giants in Albany?

In 16 years all UA has gotten was some air conditioning. This would be the first big win. Especially if we could get a Youngstown State facility. It makes sense because as others pointed out we could reconfigure SEFCU and remove the track. UA Basketball, UA Track, UA Football and the Giants all win. The governor can make it happen if he wanted to.

He can "make it happen" if it gets him to the white house.. ie: the NY Works commercials. I don't think keeping the Giants here will get him to Pennsylvania Avenue. (And I'm a member of his party, but I see what goes on)

And let me add this .. is a real problem. State's debt limit may be cause for concern http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/politics/593731/state-s-debt-limit-may-be-cause-for-concern/

Any new project would be bonded..

PS: I'm all for new projects, but there is a fiscal reality we live in.

Edited by MsGDG

He can "make it happen" if it gets him to the white house.. ie: the NY Works commercials. I don't think keeping the Giants here will get him to Pennsylvania Avenue. (And I'm a member of his party, but I see what goes on)

And let me add this .. is a real problem. State's debt limit may be cause for concern http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/politics/593731/state-s-debt-limit-may-be-cause-for-concern/

Any new project would be bonded..

PS: I'm all for new projects, but there is a fiscal reality we live in.

Anyone know the rules on the University centers bonding projects? Is it even possible?