UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Time to move on from YSU. Close but no cigar.

Forget the polls as they are meaningless for UA this season. Even if we pulled out the W they probably wouyld have us ranked in the low 20's.

Win the NEC and we will be in the playoffs.

Does anyone have any insight on Maine?

From what I have read they are very beatable and we need this game.

Beat Maine and we will not lose again this season!

Maine will be big, but I cant imagine they will be any bigger or more athletic than YSU...man they were ENORMOUS up front on offense!!

I do not think Monmouth will be as good as Maine or YSU. They will probably be on par with Colgate and maybe a little better.

Edited by Ruler

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maine did not look great against Boston College. I didn't watch anything against Bryant last week though.

Maine is beatable and I don't think nearly as good as YSU was.

The only thing that concerns me is the 3 long bus trips. I thought for sure they would have flown to YSU, but they didn't. Now on the bus for another 8 hours to East Youknowwhat Maine.

That may result in a slow start, but I'm hopeful they'll be able to shake it off.

I hope I don't jinx it, but Fiachi has been light years above and beyond what I would have ever expected. He doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes which is what we need this year.

Bangor is no pick nick to fly to (limited flights). My sister-in law finished her undergrad at UMO and I was looking to fly to meet my wife family in Orono, booko bucks and all small planes (mostly delta). Most Mainers have to travel to either the jetport in Portland or take a bus all the way down to Logan.

Enough with the whining about long road trips........Maine does it al the time.

Maine 28 Albany 14.

Welcome to the CAA. ;)

You've got the numbers with the wrong teams son.

Glad to be joining you in the CAA. Your thoughts and comments have been appreciated along the way.

Thats the first and last time anyone has ever said that to Jeff. :D

Edited by danefan

SportsNetwork Prediction (talk about no respect)

Albany Great Danes (2-1) at No. 23 Maine Black Bears (1-1), 6 p.m.

Series record: Albany leads, 3-2

Last Meeting:: Maine 35, Albany 15 (Sept. 17, 2011)

What To Know:: Albany plays in its third consecutive away game of over 400 miles and faces its second straight ranked opponent after falling on the road versus Youngstown State by seven points last week. The Great Danes actually lead the overall series, 3-2, having taken down the Black Bears in 2009 and 2010. In fact, UAlbany looks to capture its first win over a ranked opponent since its win in 2009.

The Great Danes are led by senior running back Drew Smith, but they also can air it out with the encouraging play of sophomore Will Fiacchi, who has thrown for a conference-best 579 passing yards and 69.1 completion percentage.

Maine plays its first home game of 2012, after bouncing back against a struggling Bryant team last week, winning in a laugher, 51-7. David Hood and Rickey Stevens each rushed for over 100 yards and the Black Bears returned two interceptions for touchdowns to improve to 1-1.

Albany's program is certainly improving - just in time for entering CAA play in 2013 - but it's not truly ready to compete on a weekly basis just yet.

Prediction:: Maine 35, Albany 21

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle_mcdonnell/index.htm