UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Duquesne 11/9/12

This went out to all students today...really like this idea to get kids out.

1 DAY REMAINING UNTIL GREAT DANES BASKETBALL IS BACK!!!

Friday Night: Men’s Game tips at 6:30 and the Women’s Game tips at 8:30. WEAR YOUR DANEger ZONE SHIRT FOR FREE PIZZA STARTING AT 6:00!!!

This season also debuts DZR points! DZR points can be obtained by swiping your student ID at all home men’s and women’s basketball games. It’s simple: Come to more games get better prizes. Prizes include t-shirts, sweatshirts, TV’S, iPADs, scholarships, Courtside seating upgrades and a chance to enter the SEFCU Money Machine!

I need a Valium after that one...awesome effort out of the gate. Some really high IQ displayed by most of the team...played really hard, the crowd was awesome. What can you say about Puk...he, Black and Rowley threw this team on their back tonight but Puk was a beast. Who abducted the old Puk and conducted genetic alteration on him.

Edited by Clickclack

Exciting and fun game to watch. The DaneZone was much improved. Bad camera work but clearer and they had the radio feed. It was like a real stream you wold see from most other D1 programs. I have to say I'm impressed with what I saw tonight. As Coach Brown said after the game, Duquesne was definitely more athletic than our team but we played they tough. Hellooooooooo John Puk! Without the foul trouble early he could've had a 20/12 game. Only played 17 mins and had 14/8. This is really good to see. The dunk at the end just fired everyone up. Black played a nice game and I was suprised by Rowley's play on the offensive end. Some nice low post moves and drives to the basket. Devlin looks healthy, which is a really good thing! Good win over what I think was a good team!

Who could have imagined that we would get 25pts/15rebs combined out of Puk and Rowley with Puk playing 17min and Sam playing 26min. Lets just hope they continue to play solid it make us so much harder to defend as a team.

Coach mentioned post game that Coach Ferry said he wanted to take away/limit Black, Iati and Guerrier but our bigs hurt them.

That's a new one!!! I'd like to hear other coaches say.

Great game. Everyone who played contributed; even the guys who only played a few minutes. Hooley a couple of nice assists and 4 rebounds, Johnson a nice drive to the basket, Evans a nice medium range pull up jumper near the end of the first half; Wiegmann had a rebound and I thought a steal (box score did not show one for him). Except for Hooley who had 16 minutes, the others only had 2-6 minutes apiece; but my point was they were able to contribute while in, with not a lot of fall off. Coach after the game commented that there are good people on the bench who did not play much because he is committed to the veterans in the early tough schedule (and he is 100% right). But I am really encouraged that when he does go to the bench, it is deep and productive. After the P&G scrimmage, I said with tongue and cheek Puk could be a POY candidate. If he can stay out of foul trouble this is not so far fetched, except his partner Black may have something to say about that. The only negative about the game was the fouls discrepancy and the number of offensive rebound we gave up; but after all we were playing an Atlantic 10 team with some pretty good athletes. So am I being overly positive and optimistic--perhaps, but this is definitely the best I have felt after the first game in a lot of years.

When we signed Rowley I thought he'd be one of those bruising rugby guys with half an ear torn off. Instead I continue to be impressed with how skilled and fluid his game is. I don't know or care if he really has a position, he's just fun to watch.

Great to see the improvement Puk has made. He wants the ball, demands the ball and then does something positive when he gets it. Awesome to have a weapon in the post.

Contrary to some of what we heard in the preseason, Mike Black doesn't need to be Gerardo Suero. He just needs to keep being Mike Black. He scored when we needed him to. As great as Puk's dunk was, I thought Black calmly draining that three when we were down late was the play of the game.

I hope to see DJ Evans, Hooley and Johnson develop and take some of the load off Mike Black. I thought a lot was asked of him last night between bringing the ball up the floor and scoring.

Speaking of which, Evans had one basket but what a basket. I'm not sure what happened where you were sitting, but everyone around me gasped when he made that move. More please.

Yeah that Evans move and step back J was sweet. I opened my eyes wide as well after that one. Kid is lightning quick too.

Puk was great. Hope he continues to play that well.

I love Iati, he had 3 or 4 3's...he's our teams Ray Allen.