UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Hartford 1/19 7pm

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowley has been a revelation since he'd moved to the starting lineup. Every team needs a guy l like that, and for a while we didn't have that toughness. Love this kid.

And Hooley? What else needs to be said. This kid looks like he is NEVER flustered. He's as even keel as they come and always has his head in the game. Can't wait till the next home game.

Also, we beat them by 10 even when Black was 1-13. He won't be that bad most games, so it's nice to see he had backup.

Really solid win on the road against an upper half team. Hartford had been 6-2 at home going into this game. As Click pointed out on the AE board we're the first AE team to play half our road games and the only team in the conference to have a winning record on the road so far.

I'm glad Hooley had break-out game. It's seemed like teams have placed a premium on stopping Iati and Black. It will be interesting if a couple of stand out games by the Ley Brothers will chang how other teams defend us.

Really solid win on the road against an upper half team. Hartford had been 6-2 at home going into this game. As Click pointed out on the AE board we're the first AE team to play half our road games and the only team in the conference to have a winning record on the road so far.

I'm glad Hooley had break-out game. It's seemed like teams have placed a premium on stopping Iati and Black. It will be interesting if a couple of stand out games by the Ley Brothers will chang how other teams defend us.

Can't remember if it was Whyland who pointed it out or someone else but the hope is with Rowleys emergence and Hooleys drive to the basket hopefully it will loosen up the outside for Iati and create move lanes for Black.

Awesome time at the game tonight. So great to win a game like this on the road with Iati and Black shooting 3-20. I wonder what teams will do going forward to defend us. Will they continue to try and shut down Black and Iati and let Hooley and Rowley and others beat them or is this going to force teams to stop pressuring so far away from the basket.

After the first 59 seconds of the game Coach Brown called a timeout. He said the team was playing on their heels, he didn't like the offensive flow staying around the perimeter and said something like, "We need to get inside so they stop pressuring us so much on the outside!!" I really felt that it made a difference in the game. It didn't allow Hartford to get out to a big lead and it focused the players more.

This is championship caliber stuff. These are the types of games champions win.

The bracket for the 1st seed is easier than for the 2nd, especially this year. Win the 1st seed,

and get two things... home court in the championship game, and an easier 1st and 2nd rounds in the tourny.

I'm not sure what happened in the uvm game, but this team is reminding me of the championship teams years back.

Edited by uofalbany

This is championship caliber stuff. These are the types of games champions win.

The bracket for the 1st seed is easier than for the 2nd, especially this year. Win the 1st seed,

and get two things... home court in the championship game, and an easier 1st and 2nd rounds in the tourny.

I'm not sure what happened in the uvm game, but this team is reminding me of the championship teams years back.

I'd rather not remember the UVM game...the only explanation is that things went sideways and they totally lost their composure. They've answered the bell since...important stretch coming up with 4 home games.

Coming up BU/UVM/SBU...yikes...one at a time.

Edited by Clickclack