UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Boston University 1/23 7pm

Hard for me to stomach that we are 1-22 against bu, UVM and sbu inbthe last few years...

Yikes! Are those numbers correct? I know Vermont and BU have killed us. Stony Brook swept us last year but we swept them the year before. Still, doesn't make it any easier. I just remember we did the SUNY-Siena sweep during Tim Ambrose senior year.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it ranked with a loss to SBU where a ref called a foul on Will Brand on an SBU player attempting a half court shot and making all three. Then my memory fades, not sure if that won the game or forced OT, but we subsequently lost.

I remember that game well. That was an awful call. We were up 1 if I remember right. A kid named Popokovich or something tried a desperation shot from half court and Will Brand did not touch him. He got three free throws and won the game on the line.

Hard for me to stomach that we are 1-22 against bu, UVM and sbu inbthe last few years...

Yikes! Are those numbers correct? I know Vermont and BU have killed us. Stony Brook swept us last year but we swept them the year before. Still, doesn't make it any easier. I just remember we did the SUNY-Siena sweep during Tim Ambrose senior year.

looks like 2-21 to me, going on 3-21 or to me going on 1-2 as the the numbers reset before Nov of each season.

12-13 Sat, Jan 05 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 45 - 70 (L)

12-13 Wed, Jan 23 Boston U. *Albany, N.Y. 80 - 85 (L)

11-12 Sun, Jan 08 Stony Brook *at Stony Brook, N.Y. 68 - 81 (L)

11-12 Mon, Jan 16 Boston U. *at Boston, Mass. 57 - 70 (L)

11-12 Thu, Jan 19 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 69 - 73 (L)

11-12 Sat, Feb 04 Stony Brook - Big Purple Growl *Albany, N.Y. 69 - 76 (L)

11-12 Mon, Feb 06 Boston U. *Albany, N.Y. 78 - 81 (L)

11-12 Wed, Feb 15 Vermont *Albany, N.Y. 47 - 50 (L)

11-12 Sun, Mar 04 Stony Brookat West Hartford, Conn. 55 - 57 (L)

10-11 Thu, Jan 06 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 48 - 60 (L)

10-11 Sat, Jan 15 Boston U. *Albany, N.Y. 67 - 70 (L)

10-11 Mon, Jan 17 Stony Brook *at Stony Brook, N.Y. 52 - 50 (W)

10-11 Sat, Jan 29 Vermont *Albany, N.Y. 54 - 63 (L)

10-11 Thu, Feb 10 Boston U. (Big Apple Battle) *at Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y. 44 - 63 (L)

10-11 Mon, Feb 14 Stony Brook *Albany, N.Y. 58 - 43 (W)

10-11 Sat, Mar 05 Stony Brookat West Hartford, Conn. 61 - 67 (L)

09-10 Sun, Jan 10 Vermont *Albany, N.Y. 54 - 71 (L)

09-10 Tue, Jan 19 Boston U. *at Boston, Mass. 58 - 79 (L)

09-10 Sun, Jan 24 Stony Brook *at Stony Brook, N.Y. 61 - 67 (L)

09-10 Sat, Jan 30 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 46 - 64 (L)

09-10 Sat, Feb 06 Boston U. - Big Purple Growl *Albany, N.Y. 53 - 68 (L)

09-10 Fri, Feb 19 Stony Brook *Albany, N.Y. 66 - 68 (L)

09-10 Sat, Mar 06 Stony Brookat West Hartford, Conn. 59 - 68 (L)

Edited by bob87

looks like 2-21 to me, going on 3-21 or to me 1-2 as the the numbers reset before Nov of each season.

12-13 Sat, Jan 05 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 45 - 70 (L)

12-13 Wed, Jan 23 Boston U. *Albany, N.Y. 80 - 85 (L)

11-12 Sun, Jan 08 Stony Brook *at Stony Brook, N.Y. 68 - 81 (L)

11-12 Mon, Jan 16 Boston U. *at Boston, Mass. 57 - 70 (L)

11-12 Thu, Jan 19 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 69 - 73 (L)

11-12 Sat, Feb 04 Stony Brook - Big Purple Growl *Albany, N.Y. 69 - 76 (L)

11-12 Mon, Feb 06 Boston U. *Albany, N.Y. 78 - 81 (L)

11-12 Wed, Feb 15 Vermont *Albany, N.Y. 47 - 50 (L)

11-12 Sun, Mar 04 Stony Brookat West Hartford, Conn. 55 - 57 (L)

10-11 Thu, Jan 06 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 48 - 60 (L)

10-11 Sat, Jan 15 Boston U. *Albany, N.Y. 67 - 70 (L)

10-11 Mon, Jan 17 Stony Brook *at Stony Brook, N.Y. 52 - 50 (W)

10-11 Sat, Jan 29 Vermont *Albany, N.Y. 54 - 63 (L)

10-11 Thu, Feb 10 Boston U. (Big Apple Battle) *at Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y. 44 - 63 (L)

10-11 Mon, Feb 14 Stony Brook *Albany, N.Y. 58 - 43 (W)

10-11 Sat, Mar 05 Stony Brookat West Hartford, Conn. 61 - 67 (L)

09-10 Sun, Jan 10 Vermont *Albany, N.Y. 54 - 71 (L)

09-10 Tue, Jan 19 Boston U. *at Boston, Mass. 58 - 79 (L)

09-10 Sun, Jan 24 Stony Brook *at Stony Brook, N.Y. 61 - 67 (L)

09-10 Sat, Jan 30 Vermont *at Burlington, Vt. 46 - 64 (L)

09-10 Sat, Feb 06 Boston U. - Big Purple Growl *Albany, N.Y. 53 - 68 (L)

09-10 Fri, Feb 19 Stony Brook *Albany, N.Y. 66 - 68 (L)

09-10 Sat, Mar 06 Stony Brookat West Hartford, Conn. 59 - 68 (L)

I didn't look up the numbers...I believe they were quoted by one of the reports, perhaps YNN as I saw it on the AE board following a YNN video clip.

For me it ranked with a loss to SBU where a ref called a foul on Will Brand on an SBU player attempting a half court shot and making all three. Then my memory fades, not sure if that won the game or forced OT, but we subsequently lost.

I remember that game well. That was an awful call. We were up 1 if I remember right. A kid named Popokovich or something tried a desperation shot from half court and Will Brand did not touch him. He got three free throws and won the game on the line.

Even worse, isn't that the game Joe Vukovic grabbed a loose ball and just flung it to the other end of the court, giving SB the last shot?

Even worse, isn't that the game Joe Vukovic grabbed a loose ball and just flung it to the other end of the court, giving SB the last shot?

Ugh. I remember that happening but I don't know if it was that game, it might have been. I remember Brent Wilson doing the same thing in the AE Championship game at Burlington but with much better results.

* In the first half every time we set a pick for our guard with the ball, the red team double teamed either Black or Iati. Our big men did as they should and rolled away from the double team, but our guards almost always tried to dribble out of the double team, rendering our pick-and-roll moot. I understand that once the double team arrives, making that pass is (very) difficult. What is the appropriate response to the double team? I would think that we have to anticipate the double team coming and act accordingly (easier said than done of course, and attempting a pass out of the double team runs the risk of turning the ball over). Perhaps game film did not reveal the fact that the red team double teams the pick-and-roll. In my view, the red team's double team in the pick-and-roll situation was highly effective, and if I am the other schools in the conference, I would continue to double team our guards off the high screen until we demonstrate that we can take advantage of it on a regular basis.

I've been asking myself that all year because that's how teams have stopped Black from driving like he was early in the season. Whether it's Black, Iati or Hooley they end up dribbling backwards to go around the double team and set things up a again or pass around the perimeter. Most of their successful drives come when one of those three breaks down their defender on their own and drives to the basket. At Hartford I saw some of this with the double team and I thought that instead of the pick at the 3pt line why not set it up at the foul line so when they drive their man gets picked there and it seems harder to double. I'm no Xs and Os guy with basketball so I may be way off.