UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Schedule '13/'14

Would have made for a nice trip if both the games in Pittsburgh could have been scheduled for the same weekend. That's asking a lot I'm sure.

I'd like to have seen Mike Muscala play in person but I'm glad he'll be on an NBA roster and not on Bucknell's this season. That'll still be a tough game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only four NC home games seems pretty disgusting to me. We are a three time ncca team and we play almost 75% of our non conference schedule on the road. This is unacceptable; we are not a johnny come lately any more. I for one am considering reducing my ticket purchases and financial support.

Edited by dslyank

Only four NC home games seems pretty disgusting to me. We are a three time ncca team and we play almost 75% of our non conference schedule on the road. This is unacceptable; we are not a johnny come lately any more. I for one am considering reducing my ticket purchases and financial support.

I'd like more home OOC games also. I'm not sure it can happen the way we schedule now.

We generally have 13 games, two of which are generally guarantee road games aganist high majors plus the Siena game which is a road game so we're starting off every year with 3 of 13 games on the road. The remaning 10 are home and home series against other mid-majors so we'll get 4-6 homes games there. I'd like Syracuse's schedule with 90% of the games at home, I just don't see how it' possible.

I'd like more home OOC games also. I'm not sure it can happen the way we schedule now.

We generally have 13 games, two of which are generally guarantee road games aganist high majors plus the Siena game which is a road game so we're starting off every year with 3 of 13 games on the road. The remaning 10 are home and home series against other mid-majors so we'll get 4-6 homes games there. I'd like Syracuse's schedule with 90% of the games at home, I just don't see how it' possible.

No one expects 90% home games but neither should we expect only 30% (4 out of 13). I did not notice a season ticket reduction for the fact that we play 70% of our occ schedule away. I buy season tickets to actually see the team play (and you know I DO travel to see them when I can), but only 4 games Nov-Jan; someone should explain why a ncca team that gave Duke a scare has to take a back seat in scheduling. I also, still do not understand why we build a new football stadium and play 60% of our games away from it including traveling to Nec Pittsburgh a league we are supposedly better than.

Edited by dslyank

Dyslank

Siena and two money games are set in stone, Drake is for John Puk I think)

Of the 9 remaining games (that we have a choice about) we have 4 home games. We would of had a 5th but it appears Fairfield chose to have that next season which is allowed. Fairlield would give us 5 of 9 at home

Patch & All,

Thanks for the information. For what it is worth, I am part of the group that thinks the $iena game should NOT be set in stone. But we've kicked that dead horse around enough I guess. Anyhow, I know scheduling is a difficult science/art, especially at our level. I just like to see as many games as possible--my comments were not really meant to be critical (I know they came off that way-sorry)

Edited by dslyank

dslyank - I was just trying to show that scheduling is crazy.

I would love to have the Siena game at SEFCU every other year or atleast when we're the home team we should have the right to control the seating and have it part of our season ticket package.

With playing Siena away all the time (getting $hitty seats in the corner of the arena) and usually playing 2 or 3 money games it's tough to get good home games or home games at all.

I wish we could have 6 OOC home games a year!

To prepare for the AEC schedule you sometimes have to deal with the cards you are dealt. The Siena situation is a growing sore. SEFCU is definitely too small---I played 50 years ago and we would have filled the SEFCU. Alternating home teams at the TU Center---even if we give Siena a 60-40 split would be fair as long as we got good seats every other year.

• 4 weeks later...