UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Wins Commish Cup

If the T-U bothers to mention this, will they add that Boston U was not allowed into championship events?

I figure Wilkin is in Queens getting ready for the Belmont by now.

Why shouldn't the TU mention that BU wasn't eligible for the C.C.? They usually compete for, or win, the Cup.

Forgive the OT:

For years I have read about TU bias on this forum. I read all the TU articles on local college sports, go to most of our major sports's home (and several road) games, and frequent this blog daily. I see very little objective evidence of bias. I do not claim that there is no bias. I just do not see any objective evidence of it. And if there is indeed bias, how do we measure it? What variables do we use, and how do we quantify and measure those variables?

Just because the TU doesn't share the passion we have for UA doesn't mean they are biased or have an animus towards UA.

I do note, however, that it seems like Siena's recruiting news gets more press so far this summer than our off-season recruiting news (I.e., here is one variable we could use).

Am I missing something that everyone else sees that I have not seen/read?

Well, they haven't even reported on it....so there you go.

There are a lot of things that go unreported. And most of their readers don't care about the C.C. (unlike us of course). Evidence of bias? Not so sure. I just think that most of the TU readers, like the TU, do not share our raving passion for our school. Again, not bias or animus. Or maybe it is ... .

Some definitions:

Bias: An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice; a preference or inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.

Animus: A feeling of animosity; ill will; intense dislike, hatred.

I am sure there are other definitions out there. If the TU has hatred, an intense dislike, or carries out an unfair policy stemming from prejudice with regard to our school or sports program, that is quite an accomplishment on our part. :)

Fascinating topic ripe for further debate and study (would make for a great Master's thesis or possibly a dissertation in one of the social science or communications programs IMHO).

I do note, however, that it seems like Siena's recruiting news gets more press so far this summer than our off-season recruiting news (I.e., here is one variable we could use).

On the T-U's "College Sports" blog, where threads are started by the reporters, over the last seven weeks there have been 22 articles about Siena, two about Albany (both re: joining the CAA)

To be fair, they did have a story about our Track guys going to the NCAAs today

Edited by UAalum72

Not to get too far off topic, but by your own admission the TU recruiting coverage of UA has been lacking compared to their LCC coverage. What would you say is the reason if not bias. Albany is the better school and athletic program and deserves at least equal coverage.

I don't see the TU covering anything worthwhile, while they are pimping the lowly maac tourney coming back to Albany in the building they are paying naming rights to advertise their brand. They also included an article that the LCC coach is happy to be playing those games at home. You think.. Correct me if I am wrong, but they did not have the same coverage of the AE coming to Albany.

In fact last summer about the only UA related item the TU was reporting was not just in their sports section, but in the editorial of the whole paper that UA did not need a new football stadium. I been to stadiums all over the country. If UA need not need a new football stadium, who does need a stadium? If in fact you are one of those that thinks we are paying too much for sports and not enough for other stuff, get your name off a building used by sports teams.

Then there was their whole disgraceful coverage after basketball lost a heartbreaker to BU with the TU just going over the top on how because certain league teams were better than UA in past few seasons that UA could never beat them this season.

Meanwhile you never hear that about any of the LCC teams even those that lost 18 in a row vs the same team.

The TU sports is a joke. Fortunately there are much better sources to get news.

Edited by bob87

Not to get too far off topic, but by your own admission the TU recruiting coverage of UA has been lacking compared to their LCC coverage. What would you say is the reason if not bias. Albany is the better school and athletic program and deserves at least equal coverage.

I don't see the TU covering anything worthwhile, while they are pimping the lowly maac tourney coming back to Albany in the building they are paying naming rights to advertise their brand. They also included an article that the LCC coach is happy to be playing those games at home. You think.. Correct me if I am wrong, but they did not have the same coverage of the AE coming to Albany.

In fact last summer about the only UA related item the TU was reporting was not just in their sports section, but in the editorial of the whole paper that UA did not need a new football stadium. I been to stadiums all over the country. If UA need not need a new football stadium, who does need a stadium? If in fact you are one of those that thinks we are paying too much for sports and not enough for other stuff, get your name off a building used by sports teams.

Then there was their whole disgraceful coverage after basketball lost a heartbreaker to BU with the TU just going over the top on how because certain league teams were better than UA in past few seasons that UA could never beat them this season.

Meanwhile you never hear that about any of the LCC teams even those that lost 18 in a row vs the same team.

The TU sports is a joke. Fortunately there are much better sources to get news.

quote for truth....listen to this man!