UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Nothing is going to happen at Umass. That's apples to oranges, in any event.

Relax people. I watched a Northeastern team that w asnt even close to this ODU ability stomp Albany 63-14. Umass and Hofstra have throttled us. It was all growing pains.

Relax.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern is that anti athletics critics seize on growing pains and try to scuttle our program. Look at all the UMass critics. I didn't think much of their issue but I've become a cheerleader for them. Their faculty and many other critics have tried to sink them on the first sign of weakness. Could happen here?

UMass went from being a big fish in a small pond and winning national championships to being irrelevant all the while spending way more money.

I don't think we're anywhere near that level of dispair. We typically have a bad season or two between strong run (see 2005 followed by the biggest win in uAlbany history in 2006). Just so happens this year lined up with the toughest schedule we've ever seen.

Edited by danefan

That ODU kid may be the best college football QB at any level in the country. He is a future NFL star.

Anyone out there still want to schedule Cincinnatti or Syracuse or God Forbid a powerhouse program? This team would be a 6-5 team in the NEC this year...maybe. I hope they havent quit on Ford because at times they looked like they were going through the motions.

The future is bright so everyone stop hitting the panic button. With that facility, a new coach from outside the program and a horrible season behind them should be all the motivation they will need to improve next season. A new coach wont have any ties or relationships with current players so there wont be any loyalty. In plain english, everyone will have to compete for their jobs all over again for a new staff.

Believe it or not they looked ok on some offensive series but they couldnt finish off drives. They probably should of had 21 points. On Defense they were just torched.

Another poster stated it but they were correct, this is the biggest moment in UA sports history. They need a big time coach as this has become a bigtime job at this level. Albany is a sleeping giant in the CAA and I have spoken with a coach who is currently on staff at a CAA program. They are terrified of what Albany and SBU could become if nurtured correctly.

Edited by Ruler

Are there any D1 Offensive or Defensive Coordinators from big time schools interested in becoming Head Coaches? Anyone?

I absolutely agree with Ruler, we need a big time coach ASAP!

ASAP, no...at the conclusion of this season do your due diligence...in fact you can start to if you haven't already put out feelers. Don't even interview anyone on the current staff.

Are there any D1 Offensive or Defensive Coordinators from big time schools interested in becoming Head Coaches? Anyone?

ASAP, no...at the conclusion of this season do your due diligence...in fact you can start to if you haven't already put out feelers. Don't even interview anyone on the current staff.

Let me clarify before I get crucified--ASAP after the season has concluded!!! I have too much respect for Coach Ford to dimish his legacy! Pardon the confusion--it's called typing too damn fast!!!

First off, they will absolutely "interview" Christ and McCarthy. It's a non-starter.

Candidates that you can bank on right now that will be interviewed or receive a phone call to gauge interest are:

1. Christ

2. McCarthy

3. Rossomando

4. Coaches with ties to UA, i.e., came through the Ford pipeline and are FCS / FBS Coaches.

5. CAA top Assistants

6. Top PL/IVY assistants

7. Northeast/Mid-Atlantic roots FBS Assistants.

Does a head football coach make about the same as a basketball coach or more? I suppose it depends on the program and school?

We receive a "massive discount" with Ford...and I do mean MASSIVE.

I'd say this job will likely pay anywhere between 185-250k. If we want a big hitter...more like 300k+

First off, they will absolutely "interview" Christ and McCarthy. It's a non-starter.

Candidates that you can bank on right now that will be interviewed or receive a phone call to gauge interest are:

1. Christ

2. McCarthy

3. Rossomando

4. Coaches with ties to UA, i.e., came through the Ford pipeline and are FCS / FBS Coaches.

5. CAA top Assistants

6. Top PL/IVY assistants

7. Northeast/Mid-Atlantic roots FBS Assistants.

This seems pretty accurate. K.C. Keeler who won a National Title with Delaware is out there unemployed.

Dave Campo-- I'd think is a good idea...maybe a bit old.

Tony Sparano- I am not a fan of his offense. Maybe it would work at UA...but I am not ready to take a flyer on him. Nice guy though.

Thankfully for the Danes, it's not up to me. :)

Edited by Dane96

PLEASE DO NOT GET SPARANO. I just got dealing with his crap as a Jets fan (Marty Mornhinwig has been a revelation - once the Jets get some play makers on offense that offense will be HUMMING). He needs to stay FAR away from either of my favorite football teams lol.

Edited by Ilko