UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I don't know...I saw the kid's name in the playbook...but I did not see him on the field. I could have sworn he was on the sidelines...not dressed.

That's what I saw...

With a lot less distractions than the opener, I can say for certain that he played in the CCSU game; I was watching him sub in and out in the second half.

URI game? I didn't know he was #32 until after the game, so theorize away!

guys these are true freshman - these kids are 17/18 years old and are lining up against sometimes 22/23 year olds. it takes time for them to develop both physically and mentally - just because he was the man in high school doesn't mean he's going to be a 'dude' in year one and have 3 sacks and 20 tackles. the ole tell tale sign of something a little funky is the fact that we're starting a TRUE freshman on the offensive line at LG. Now he might of beaten someone out in camp for the job - but most of the times if we're starting someone fresh out of HS upfront then its either due to injury (which i don't think has happened) or guys behind them just stink which means we've done a poor job of recruiting in previous years at the position. The last guy I'm sure of contributing and playing a good amount on the o line as a true freshman is Sammy Pagano back in 2004.

guys these are true freshman - these kids are 17/18 years old and are lining up against sometimes 22/23 year olds. it takes time for them to develop both physically and mentally - just because he was the man in high school doesn't mean he's going to be a 'dude' in year one and have 3 sacks and 20 tackles. the ole tell tale sign of something a little funky is the fact that we're starting a TRUE freshman on the offensive line at LG. Now he might of beaten someone out in camp for the job - but most of the times if we're starting someone fresh out of HS upfront then its either due to injury (which i don't think has happened) or guys behind them just stink which means we've done a poor job of recruiting in previous years at the position. The last guy I'm sure of contributing and playing a good amount on the o line as a true freshman is Sammy Pagano back in 2004.

I agree with this statement. The mental and physical difference in a 17/18 year old vs. 22/23 year old is huge. So that leaves the question why not redshirt him also, so he has the 4 years of eligiblity since this is a transitional season? Transitional in a sense of new league and coaching tryouts. It seems to me that perhaps legendary Coach Ford has taken a step back this season to allow coaches a trial period. I believe a better job was done in recruiting this year...it could only get better. Right?

I concur with all of these points. I do think, however, these two frosh (LB and OL) are out there on purpose. They are the future and we need them starting next year--need them to contribute. This is their trial by fire.

I also looked at our roster and I was shocked that nearly 70% of the team is either True Frosh, RFr, RSoph or Sophs. Honestly, this a young team.

I also agree (and said this on another board) that Christ and McCarthy are not being impeded as Ford allows them to "interview". Otherwise, I think Ford would have made some changes both in game and personnel-wise already.

I agree with this statement. The mental and physical difference in a 17/18 year old vs. 22/23 year old is huge. So that leaves the question why not redshirt him also, so he has the 4 years of eligiblity since this is a transitional season? Transitional in a sense of new league and coaching tryouts. It seems to me that perhaps legendary Coach Ford has taken a step back this season to allow coaches a trial period. I believe a better job was done in recruiting this year...it could only get better. Right?

I know we were pretty bare at LB due to graduation and recent injury so we're at a necessity to play them. Sometimes it's a good 'baptism by fire' affair if you're that thin at a position. And it really comes down to - what do you do to win? if a freshman has to play to give you the best chance to win, then you play him. For the most part if you don't need a guy to play then you don't play him - but sometimes as in the case of this year we have had to do it.

I know we were pretty bare at LB due to graduation and recent injury so we're at a necessity to play them. Sometimes it's a good 'baptism by fire' affair if you're that thin at a position. And it really comes down to - what do you do to win? if a freshman has to play to give you the best chance to win, then you play him. For the most part if you don't need a guy to play then you don't play him - but sometimes as in the case of this year we have had to do it.

It is certainly a baptism by fire!! I have faith that next year will be different. As far as this year is concerned--hey we are well aware that there is a possibility that wins going forward will be few and far between, but as a fan I will be there supporting them no matter what! Every team goes through growing pains and unfortunately it's our turn! Keep your heads up Danes!!

Lets face facts, even if we were 4-0 at this point in the season we would have a losing season this year (guranteed now) so they might as well protect and develop these kids for the future by red shirting them. If we were loaded and had last years team this year it might make sense to not red shirt a couple of the blue chippers. But since this is basically a throw away year we should keep them on the sidelines in sweat suites.

I have seen this musical chair version of the coaches many years ago during the 1987 season. At the time they moved Jon Kralovic/Mike Simpson the D coordinator's from our ECAC championship team and made him the offensive coordinator and moved our O Coordinator( it may have been Ford) somewhere else and the entire staf was juggled. We probably could have repeated but the results were disappointing as I think we were 6-4 or 5-5 I cant remember but the results were not very good.

For the record whoever becomes head coach had better be named ASAPat the season's conclusion as this may be the most important recruiting class in our history. I think they need to stop with the 1/2 rides and go get as many FBS transfers as they can like Priore is doing down at Stony Brook

I saw Coach Ford at the Performing Arts Center last night. Seems excited about playing at ODU, says we'll get better, tries to remind himself that we're only an XP and FG from being 3-1; at least that's what he's saying in public.

Didn't have time to ask about Meek.