UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game#2 - NJIT at UA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keyana's voice is like nails on a blackboard. She was a good player and has great enthusiasm, but that voice...........

I was highly disapointed when I saw a mic in her hand in the middle of the court. Probably a very nice person but I can barely can take hearing her at the football games..and she's rude...her sarcasm isn't that funny either. :mellow:

Keyana's voice is like nails on a blackboard. She was a good player and has great enthusiasm, but that voice...........

I was highly disapointed when I saw a mic in her hand in the middle of the court. Probably a very nice person but I can barely can take hearing her at the football games..and she's rude...her sarcasm isn't that funny either. :mellow:

Agreed...I thought you had to have people skills in that job. Her voice doesn't annoy me that much but a couple of times she snapped at the crowd at the BoFo and I couldn't believe it.

Agreed...I thought you had to have people skills in that job. Her voice doesn't annoy me that much but a couple of times she snapped at the crowd at the BoFo and I couldn't believe it.

And the first game she insulted those on the second level saying we waited to long to buy tickets. Clearly no one told her that's not a way to treat season ticket holders or those from the community.

6 out of the next 7 are on the road. yuck.

And I can't make the 1 home game :(

But you'll make up for it on road games right :)

Not as many as I would like. It is impossible to be at the Q game and the last home football game in Bob Ford's career. Should be at the NJIT return game.

Just looked at the stats from last night. NJIT shot 51% for the game and 38.5% from three-point land.

51% field goal defense has to improve. We need that figure to be around 40% at most, and if we keep it consistently below 40% we will be in good shape (and would probably lead the America East in FG % defense, although Stony Brook has put up a tough FG % defense in recent years).

On the other hand, NJIT hit some shots last night that most players at this level simply don't hit on a regular basis at all. Some of NJIT's makes last night left me saying "really?!". Also, to give up 51% FG defense and still win is a very impressive feat.

Rebounding stats look good, turnovers low, and assists high. Air Johnson is all over the place doing good things out there, DJ looks all-conference, Puk is playing tough and athletic, and everyone else is doing well too. Does anyone else feel that our returning guys have really improved their strength, jumping, and athleticism from last year? It is very noticeable. Whatever these guys are doing in the off season, it shows. As a fan, I can tell they worked their tails off this summer. I mean look at Weigman; he is going to be a key player for us this year and put in some important minutes.

Anders's shot will start falling as the game flow slows down for him.

I'm a little worried that teams are testing our outside shooting with the 2-3 zone, so I hope we are practicing our 3s in practice!

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Just looked at the stats from last night. NJIT shot 51% for the game and 38.5% from three-point land.

51% field goal defense has to improve. We need that figure to be around 40% at most, and if we keep it consistently below 40% we will be in good shape.

On the other hand, NJIT hit some shots last night that most players at this level simply don't hit on a regular basis at all. Some of NJIT's makes last night left me saying "really?!". Also, to give up 51% FG defense and still win is a very impressive feat.

Rebounding stats look good, turnovers low, and assists high. Air Johnson is all over the place doing good things out there, DJ looks all-conference, Puk is playing tough and athletic, and everyone else is doing well too. Does anyone else feel that our returning guys have really improved their strength, jumping, and athleticism from last year? It is very noticeable. Whatever these guys are doing in the off season, it shows. As a fan, I can tell they worked their tails off this summer. I mean look at Weigman; he is going to be a key player for us this year and put in some important minutes.

I'm a little worried that teams are testing our outside shooting with the 2-3 zone, so I hope we are practicing our 3s in practice!

Agree with everything except Puk. I know the stats are early but he is the quietest 6'10" in the conference. It's nice he gets fired up once in a while but Brown needs to feed him some whoop ass all game! Otherwise - I love Shengalia energy - it will be much needed vs. SB and VT bigs!

51% field goal defense has to improve. We need that figure to be around 40% at most, and if we keep it consistently below 40% we will be in good shape.

Agree with everything except Puk. I know the stats are early but he is the quietest 6'10" in the conference. It's nice he gets fired up once in a while but Brown needs to feed him some whoop ass all game! Otherwise - I love Shengalia energy - it will be much needed vs. SB and VT bigs!

I agree with you on Shengalia. Tough guy too; I think he has been hit in the face in each of games so far. I hope the coaches feed him lots of rabid red meat before the Vermont and SB games because we are going to have some real slug fests coming up in early 2014.

While I didn't look at Puk's stats for the game, what I am noticing goes far beyond the stat sheet: his lift off the floor, agility, hustle, etc. Also, he typically won't get all the rebounds he deserves because as our big man, he often has to rotate over, clog the lane, and attempt to alter shots, all of which take him out of position for weak-side rebounds, which highlights the importance of guys like Air Johnson and Hooley crashing the boards on the weak side because our bigs are rotating and contesting shots. As the season progresses, it may often be the case where we'll see Johnson lead the team in rebounds and/or see Hooley with 6-8 boards.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

I agree with you on Shengalia. Tough guy too; I think he has been hit in the face in each of games so far. I hope the coaches feed him lots of rabid red meat before the Vermont and SB games because we are going to have some real slug fests coming up in early 2014.

While I didn't look at Puk's stats for the game, what I am noticing goes far beyond the stat sheet: his lift off the floor, agility, hustle, etc. Also, he typically won't get all the rebounds he deserves because as our big man, he often has to rotate over, clog the lane, and attempt to alter shots, all of which take him out of position for weak-side rebounds, which highlights the importance of guys like Air Johnson and Hooley crashing the boards on the weak side because our bigs are rotating and contesting shots. As the season progresses, it may often be the case where we'll see Johnson lead the team in rebounds and/or see Hooley with 6-8 boards.

Nice analysis - ty