UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fiore leaves SBU

sarge965

Wow. That's a big time move by the school. Hate to speculate--and he seemed to have a very good relationship with the President--but man, you have to think something very serious happened based on the abrupt nature of the proceedings, e.g. financial in nature or he was interviewing behind the scenes....

Wow...just wow.

Timing is weird. You don't think of this happening mid-year, at least for chasing another job.

Two things I hope it's NOT:

-Health related

-A Binghamton-type scandal. As a fellow SUNY member we do not need another one of those.

The speed with which they pulled all his information off their webpage makes me worry about issue #2.

Timing is weird. You don't think of this happening mid-year, at least for chasing another job.

Two things I hope it's NOT:

-Health related

-A Binghamton-type scandal. As a fellow SUNY member we do not need another one of those.

The speed with which they pulled all his information off their webpage makes me worry about issue #2.

We can't even get scores posted on our website that fast.

Sarge, now that is funny...

From Newsday: http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/stony-brook-athletic-director-jim-fiore-leaving-the-school-1.6465720

BTW, the first statement from Fiore--allegedly--has been released (Cite: Stony Brook Fan Forum):

Statement:

It has been communicated to me that the University desires to move in a different direction with regard to the leadership of the athletic program, and as a result, has bought out my contract and will be paying my contractual salary for the next 31 months through June 30, 2016, representing nearly $800,000.

I have had nearly 11 wonderful years at Stony Brook and I am incredibly proud for all of the experiences I have had in building the University and our emerging Division 1 program. Facilities have been modernized, recruiting has been professionalized, and prospective student-athletes now see Stony Brook as an enviable destination and the University's brand is nationally recognized.

Though too numerous to identify by name, I am thankful to my coaches, staff, student-athletes, athletic boosters, University colleagues, local community and businesses, alumni, elected officials and the broader Suffolk County community, which has made this such an incredible stop on my professional and personal journey for me and my family. I wish the University and Seawolves nation the greatest success in the future.

More official info from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/e...-had-claims-him

WOW, just wow. Can't believe the atmosphere he created there. I wouldn't want that at Albany for championships in every sport.

Bad for SBU and not so great for fellow SUNY members either. Sounds like that crap went on for quite a while too until the new president got rid of him.

He may not be perfect but between Joel Thirer at Bing and Fiore at SBU I'm really, really liking Dr. McElroy right now.