UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014-14 CAA Footbal Schedule & Season Tickets

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W - Sat, Aug 30 Holy Cross Albany, N.Y. TBA

W - Sat, Sep 06 Central Connecticut State at New Britain, Conn. TBA

W - Sat, Sep 20 Rhode Island * at Kingston, R.I. TBA

W - Sat, Sep 27 Columbia Albany, N.Y. TBA

L - Sat, Oct 04 James Madison * Albany, N.Y. TBA

L - Sat, Oct 11 Richmond * Albany, N.Y. TBA

L - Sat, Oct 18 Maine * at Orono, Maine TBA

W - Sat, Oct 25 Colgate Albany, N.Y. TBA

L - Sat, Nov 01 New Hampshire * at Durham, N.H. TBA

L - Sat, Nov 08 Delaware * Albany, N.Y. TBA

L - Sat, Nov 15 Villanova * at Villanova, Pa. TBA

W -Sat, Nov 22 Stony Brook * Albany, N.Y. TBA

I'm going 6 wins. Stony Brook is a stretch, but I'm hoping the rivalry game equalizes it.

This is one of the fairest schedules we've had. I'd like to see this continue, except replace one of the Patriot League games with an FBS game.

1 FBS

1 NEC

1 Ivy

1 Patriot

Edited by danefan

Ha. You posted right when I was posting. I think we are on the same page. Should win 4, chance to win 5-6.

BestDaneSinceHamlet, here is a breakdown:

When you finish 1-11, expecting 7 wins is a bit much even with an average strength OOC schedule. Considering we are instituting an entirely new offense, we will likley see a large amount of underclassman receiving time (based on Gattuso's own comments that he plays the best guy no matter the year), and almost every position, if not all, is open for a challenge, expecting 7 wins is a bit much. THE CAA, as we have seen, is no joke.

The only teams we should be favored against are:

Holy Cross

Columbia

CCSU

The CCSU game scares me: Talent-wise we should win. However, the same could be said of last year. Now throw in that Coach Rossomondo wanted the UA job, badly, and the game is at Arute...this is no gimme even with an almost empty cupboard. Coach R can flat out coach...and CCSU will be ready to play.

Colgate- the edge goes to us however, this has been growing into a fantastic rivalry. A true upstate rivalry. Heck, alums I know look forward to this game from both sides. This game is a flat out toss-up if Gavin's replacement is any good. Losing Biddle is big but his replacement is a Colgate guy. They shouldn't miss a beat.

URI- Toss-up. They have a new Coach and this is a game they will mark as a "must-win" for development. URI's history is to pull of a string of early season wins in the CAA and then implode.

The rest, we are decided underdogs who MAY pull out an upset or two. Particularly, I wouldn't be shocked to beat SBU at home, and we have a chance against a young but improving Richmond side.

So, there are only about three games we SHOULD win. Two where we are likely dead-even; maybe we win 1. The rest...we are underdogs where we will be lucky to pull one out.

3-4 wins is likely. 5 possible. Anything else, the kids have decided to step-up and play above their collective heads and talent-level on a consistent basis.

Edited by Dane96

This is one of the fairest schedules we've had. I'd like to see this continue, except replace one of the Patriot League games with an FBS game.

1 FBS

1 NEC

1 Ivy

1 Patriot

Agree. I do think we--every 3-4 years--should swap one of the NEC/IVY/Patriot teams for a strong OOC FCS team, e.g. MVFC, Southern, or even a Big Sky team. It would be a novelty and if we could do a home-home would get fans amped. That said, it should be a year where we play a potentially beatable FBS team (e.g. Low Tier MAC)