UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. 2/20 Hartford

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, i was messaging your brother about those screens. They looked fabulous on TV. Did they have more than one? I only saw one in the corner, and it translated to TV very well. Looked really large. It immediately made the SEFCU look much better.

Yes, there's one other kitty-corner to the one you've seen.

Funny, i was messaging your brother about those screens. They looked fabulous on TV. Did they have more than one? I only saw one in the corner, and it translated to TV very well. Looked really large. It immediately made the SEFCU look much better.

Yes, there's one other kitty-corner to the one you've seen.

It's a start...a small start, but better than nothing.

I will say this. The announcers do have great taste about saying that we should have the Great Dane at center court. Couldn't agree more. #mypetissue

Not to take away from the well deserved feting of the program, but BDSH, here's a little something for you to read:

http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3652&p=19267

2-Aught-Aught-7, brah!

Place was great. I love it when the arena is full and we do the defense chant. The foot stomping REALLY makes that place loud.

Also, THEY BETTER KEEP THOSE SCREENS THERE! They are awesome. BUT I wish they showed more replays of some of the fouls, etc. and I wish it wasn't a 2-3 second delay (due to the game being broadcast from CT).

The feed was ESPNU so it was on them to show the replays which is more than we typically get with twc, can't complain about that. Are most live TV events delayed? I'll take the ESPNU stream delayed any day over the Dane Zone live stream feed lol.

Still wonder who brought the screens in and if it was ESPNU and not the school..we shall see at the UVM game.

Anyone find out at the game if they were permanent?

Edited by MsGDG

So far they've only had the game video feed. Haven't used the screens for promos, ads, or intros.

The loudest noise last night was when the 11-year-old kid hit his fifth three-pointer to win the TV, the second that's been won this year. I think he hit three out of four during the last ten seconds.

They aren't new I don't think. Those are great when there was a TV feed to pipe in. If they can figure out how show stars on it that would be awesome.

Finding some sort of software/program to put up stand can't be that hard right? If they can keep the screens and possibly updated the scorers table with video boards that would be a huge upgrade also. Enough to make the experience better and time to raise money for renovations.

Yeah there was one kitty corner as mentioned. And I definitely agree about it making SEFCU look good. I caught myself watching the game on the screen a few times. For some reason, that side of the court though (section 600 side - the side with the team benches where the visiting fans usually sit) always seems to be on the emptier side than the section 200 side. Don't know why that is.

Lots of fun and a good crowd. Beer room packed lol, yes I know where it is. The band is great! Crowds get quite during long stretches of no O and sloppy play but over all there was excitement.

I am LOVING the band this year. I don't know if they are connected to the audio system, but they are WICKED loud most games. I was getting concessions one game and went back to my seat via the student section (by the way, good thing they don't allow alcohol in the arena...the student sections are STEEP lol) and it seemed like they were louder on the opposite side student section than they are from my seat in 200 (closer to the actual band).

Place was great. I love it when the arena is full and we do the defense chant. The foot stomping REALLY makes that place loud.

Also, THEY BETTER KEEP THOSE SCREENS THERE! They are awesome. BUT I wish they showed more replays of some of the fouls, etc. and I wish it wasn't a 2-3 second delay (due to the game being broadcast from CT).

The feed was ESPNU so it was on them to show the replays which is more than we typically get with twc, can't complain about that. Are most live TV events delayed? I'll take the ESPNU stream delayed any day over the Dane Zone live stream feed lol.

Still wonder who brought the screens in and if it was ESPNU and not the school..we shall see at the UVM game.

Anyone find out at the game if they were permanent?

Yeah, I know the feed was the TV one. It was just funky to see it be on delay a bit lol. According to Click, they are owned by us...so if that's the case, UA needs to leave them there permanently.