UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

when we say lost...are we talking bad character for them leaving?

. No...we lost a good kid with good character and talent who did not see himself touching the field under Gattuso. He was highly recruited by Ford.

How can this be true... If it is and gattuso is running good kids off just because they are not his recruits and the result is a 2 win season... And do be clear I don't know if it is. Fire him... That's unacceptable and negligent... At best if up are doing then then you better produce... Win 2 or 3 games next year and you lose your job.

From the Villanova fan forum : "I wish the leagues didn't have Albany and Elon in it. They seem like D3 schools to me in terms of perception".

​They seem to be dwelling on the UA "crybaby coach" and the dust-up last year. At any rate, when the best you can do is field an almost JV team they'd better play lights out or

they will get pounded and the VU freshman QB will get healthy against our decimated D. I'll be there, but I have little hope for a W.

Today Albany and Elon lost by a combined score of 88-0.

I waited a while before posting…after leaving with 6 min left in the 3rd quarter. And then VU scored again before I was out of earshot of the stadium. This points out how far we are from the

upper echelon teams of the league. Our starting QB is light years behind their FRESHMAN 2nd string QB. Our starting RB is not as good as their # 2 or # 3. Their O-Line completely dominated our

D-Line. Our pass defense seems to be "let them catch it and then tackle them." GG made a jerk out of himself going into halftime by badgering the refs until it began to look like security was going to

intervene. When the new coaching regime came out last year, the one thing that stuck out to me was Joe Bernard, our OC. He looked to me like a guy who knew the head coach and needed a job after being stuck in the HS ranks for 3 years. From his resume it's apparent that he's never been an OC except at the HS level….what??? Been bothering me since it was announced. Maybe I'm wrong.

So you have the ball 2nd down at the 1 foot line and you line up in a shot gun and completely blow the execution and the time management….then a penalty on the rushed FG attempt. Pathetic and demoralizing.

Unless it's a beautiful day and I have absolutely nothing else to do I doubt you will see me for the NH game…that disgusted.

BTW, Samuel Gray was playing his heart out. Too bad hardly anybody else showed up.

Today UA played like a D3 team.

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

I waited a while before postingafter leaving with 6 min left in the 3rd quarter. And then VU scored again before I was out of earshot of the stadium. This points out how far we are from the

upper echelon teams of the league. Our starting QB is light years behind their FRESHMAN 2nd string QB. Our starting RB is not as good as their # 2 or # 3. Their O-Line completely dominated our

D-Line. Our pass defense seems to be "let them catch it and then tackle them." GG made a jerk out of himself going into halftime by badgering the refs until it began to look like security was going to

intervene. When the new coaching regime came out last year, the one thing that stuck out to me was Joe Bernard, our OC. He looked to me like a guy who knew the head coach and needed a job after being stuck in the HS ranks for 3 years. From his resume it's apparent that he's never been an OC except at the HS level.what??? Been bothering me since it was announced. Maybe I'm wrong.

So you have the ball 2nd down at the 1 foot line and you line up in a shot gun and completely blow the execution and the time management.then a penalty on the rushed FG attempt. Pathetic and demoralizing.

Unless it's a beautiful day and I have absolutely nothing else to do I doubt you will see me for the NH gamethat disgusted.

BTW, Samuel Gray was playing his heart out. Too bad hardly anybody else showed up.

I said the same thing about the coaching staff when they were announced. Some of you may remember.

I won't even go to that last game if it's an amazing day weather wise. If anything, it'll be my lack of attendance hopefully speaking volumes as a season ticket holder. I'm fed up. We should all boycott that game and someone should send an anonymous email to someone on the athletic department staff (unless someone is already reading this).

I don't care, as a fan, if a kid is not his recruit or not. If he is better than his kid, then he needs to play. The fact that a few players have left due to being relegated to the bench for no reason other than that is asinine and grounds for punishment IMO from Benson. If we were winning, it would be a slightly different story. But we're not and he's sticking to his kids no matter what.

I waited a while before postingafter leaving with 6 min left in the 3rd quarter. And then VU scored again before I was out of earshot of the stadium. This points out how far we are from the

intervene. When the new coaching regime came out last year, the one thing that stuck out to me was Joe Bernard, our OC. He looked to me like a guy who knew the head coach and needed a job after being stuck in the HS ranks for 3 years. From his resume it's apparent that he's never been an OC except at the HS level.what??? Been bothering me since it was announced. Maybe I'm wrong.

So you have the ball 2nd down at the 1 foot line and you line up in a shot gun and completely blow the execution and the time management.then a penalty on the rushed FG attempt. Pathetic and demoralizing.

Unless it's a beautiful day and I have absolutely nothing else to do I doubt you will see me for the NH gamethat disgusted.

I said the same thing about the coaching staff when they were announced. Some of you may remember.

I won't even go to that last game if it's an amazing day weather wise. If anything, it'll be my lack of attendance hopefully speaking volumes as a season ticket holder. I'm fed up. We should all boycott that game and someone should send an anonymous email to someone on the athletic department staff (unless someone is already reading this).

I don't care, as a fan, if a kid is not his recruit or not. If he is better than his kid, then he needs to play. The fact that a few players have left due to being relegated to the bench for no reason other than that is asinine and grounds for punishment IMO from Benson. If we were winning, it would be a slightly different story. But we're not and he's sticking to his kids no matter what.

This can't be true... What coach would leave kids in bench that can/could help. If he is, he's doing it to his own detriment. What isn't debatable is that we've lost a number of kids mid season. Gattuso needs to explain that...