UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs New Hampshire - 11/14 @ 7PM

Holding issues? Right. No offense but I have a oceanside property to sell Gattuso. It's in Montana.

Sounds like he's trying to save Toole's pride. Sounds like me saying 'the wind took it' on a bad pass in recess back in the day lol.

I don't know about all three, but I did see the bad snap on at least one of them.

It wasn't just the FG tries. The snap on one of the PATs was an adventure also.

I hope Sussman lives through the rest of the season and into next year. He does not avoid contact at all with the way he runs. Tough kid but I want him to stay on the field.

"Crook came in and promptly almost had one picked off. One of the UA receivers was wide open on a deep crossing route and Crook sailed one about 5' over his head. He is not the answer. There was also a KO I could not understand after a UA score. It looked like a cross between an onside and a pooch and possibly a screwed up kick. In any event UNH got great field position. "

Jimbo, I'm glad you noticed and called out these two plays; because they were critical blunders or whatever and @ critical times. Along with a sure touchdown pass dropped and no points after a long KO return; we just had so many CHANCES to actually win this game. From my angle the snaps and holds were not awful, but on a cold wind swirling night, I guess they were just bad enough or at the very least just not good enough. The wide open guy that Crook missed was near the end of the game but if he had connected and if we scored there was time for a "well executed" [something better than a cross between a pooch as you so aptly described} on side kick. In other words I stayed and froze to the bitter end, because we kept getting CHANCES.

Edited by dslyank

I heard GG say Ngachie was injured at the beginning of the year. Last night the PA announcer announced that Ngachie made a tackle, but I did not see him on the field?? Hanks came out with a shoulder

injury per the TU and Croskey ran well…good burst of speed to the corner on the TD and on the long screen pass. All of the snaps and holds I could see from the top deck were lousy….I'll have to watch the DVR of the game

but it looked like the long snapper was skipping it or it was coming in low because the holder was scrambling. Toole was kicking them high and left every time and there was enough wind that it held them up. Sussman got creamed on a run late in the game and Crook came in and promptly almost had one picked off. One of the UA receivers was wide open on a deep crossing route and Crook sailed one about 5' over his head. He is not the answer. There was also a KO I could not understand after a UA score. It looked like a cross between an onside and a pooch and possibly a screwed up kick. In any event UNH got great field position.

I also like the idea of developing good athletes (Mencer) at LB. Some of the message boards I looked at could not believe Pitt or another FBS school did not sign him, but there was a lot of talk

that he basically played out of his natural best position much of the time and did not excel until senior year as a RB. They think GG got a steal. Time will tell.

When Crook was warming up to replace Sussman he was tossing back and forth with Brunson…he's still a tall drink of water. Will, you better hit the holiday tables hard this year and live in the gym

because the QB job will be wide open in 2016!

I stand corrected. Did not know Ngachie was hurt. Also, on the TV it didn't look too bad (like dslyank mentioned) for the snaps/holds...it's not like Crook or whoever was holding had to jump up to grab an errant snap. But perhaps it was just enough I guess...

Agree with both of you though...we had a ton of opportunities to convert and failed to do so. Just been that kind of year.

My observations:

1) I also heard the announcer say Ngachie had a tackle, but it wasn't him, and he wasn't in the game.

2) DaSharnte Thompson hit like a truck and had a great game.

3) Sussman had nice legs and awareness but the play-calling didn't give him a chance to grow.

4) When Crook came in for two plays he almost got intercepted on the first play, and then over-threw the receiver by ten yards on the next play. I turned to my buddies and said that I thought he was improving!

5) EIH looked good but he has to protect that ball. Gattuso seems to yank him after one mistake, but hopefully they serve as coaching moments, because he is obviously talented.

6) The kicking game was an absolute atrocity (bad snaps or not), and should have been abandoned earlier, which brings me to another opinion:

7) Gattuso plays too conservative of a game. On offense it is runs up the middle until forced into a passing situation, where it is a sideline route and is usually overthrown.

Where are the slants? The screens? The reverses? The passes down the middle?

And most importantly where is the willingness to call a play with a high amount of risk involved? He never seems to go for it on fourth down, and a trick play hasn't seemed to happen in two years.

I have confidence that this program will start winning again, but for the first time in his tenure I was referring to Gattuso as "gutless" because he always seems to call the safest play.

I heard GG say Ngachie was injured at the beginning of the year. Last night the PA announcer announced that Ngachie made a tackle, but I did not see him on the field?? Hanks came out with a shoulder

injury per the TU and Croskey ran well…good burst of speed to the corner on the TD and on the long screen pass. All of the snaps and holds I could see from the top deck were lousy….I'll have to watch the DVR of the game

but it looked like the long snapper was skipping it or it was coming in low because the holder was scrambling. Toole was kicking them high and left every time and there was enough wind that it held them up. Sussman got creamed on a run late in the game and Crook came in and promptly almost had one picked off. One of the UA receivers was wide open on a deep crossing route and Crook sailed one about 5' over his head. He is not the answer. There was also a KO I could not understand after a UA score. It looked like a cross between an onside and a pooch and possibly a screwed up kick. In any event UNH got great field position.

I also like the idea of developing good athletes (Mencer) at LB. Some of the message boards I looked at could not believe Pitt or another FBS school did not sign him, but there was a lot of talk

that he basically played out of his natural best position much of the time and did not excel until senior year as a RB. They think GG got a steal. Time will tell.

When Crook was warming up to replace Sussman he was tossing back and forth with Brunson…he's still a tall drink of water. Will, you better hit the holiday tables hard this year and live in the gym

because the QB job will be wide open in 2016!

I just realized how much I agree with this assessment...guess I duplicated some things.

I was also in the upper level; seems you can see a lot from up there!

Where are the slants? The screens? The reverses? The passes down the middle?

And most importantly where is the willingness to call a play with a high amount of risk involved? He never seems to go for it on fourth down, and a trick play hasn't seemed to happen in two years.

I have confidence that this program will start winning again, but for the first time in his tenure I was referring to Gattuso as "gutless" because he always seems to call the safest play.

Since I started watching UA football with the first game at BoFo, we hardly ever run slants, etc.

Edited by Ilko

The only thing I can think of is that the coach has no with in the QBs being able to make inside throws. In the Saturday morning TV show, GG said that UNH has the best pass defense in the CAA and it's

not even close. My main gripe with the defense is that our pass coverage is too far off the receivers. They get a free release and the DBs are seldom in position to contest the throws. It's never a good thing

when your DBs are the leading tacklers. On IBH's fumble it looked like really got popped from the side right on the ball…so wasn't too upset on that one.

Oh well, 2015 is almost over….next stop, signing day. Doesn't it seem like that just happened?

• Like 1