UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. UNH 1/12

for whatever reason UNH will always play UA tough no matter the circumstance....agree with comment regarding the refs....I usually take bad calls with a grain of salt as long as no team fairs better than the other...last night there were at least 5 brutal calls IMO....coach finally sat Peter down for poor performance....maybe sitting him like that can jump start him cuz let's face it..we need the Peter Hooley we are used to.....Cremo literally growing up before our eyes....I thought we dumped ball into Mike too much last night...Mike shouldn't be a go to in the paint that much....this easily could have been one of those head scratcher games UA gives once in a while where you throw the tape away and move on...thankfully, our boys dug in and played ball....

• Like 1

Brown is wrong there. When Ennema made the gesture to the crowd, we got LOUD and that helped change the momentum a bit because we stayed loud for a good solid minute after his scramble for the loose ball. People were on their feet, etc.

Sorry, but Brown can keep his opinion to himself on that one. I want MORE of the players egging the crowd on because, honestly, other than me and a handful of other loyal fans who start the chants, the majority of the crowd doesn't really participate unless something absolutely bonkers happens.

Can't stand when coaches are so 'businesslike' that they don't allow players to express emotion. I'll take a fired up player over a guy who has the exact same expression all game long...as long as the fired up player is making plays (hence why he's fired up?). It's not like it got Ennema a T for taunting or something.

Edited by Ilko

I

Brown is wrong there. When Ennema made the gesture to the crowd, we got LOUD and that helped change the momentum a bit because we stayed loud for a good solid minute after his scramble for the loose ball. People were on their feet, etc.

Sorry, but Brown can keep his opinion to himself on that one. I want MORE of the players egging the crowd on because, honestly, other than me and a handful of other loyal fans who start the chants, the majority of the crowd doesn't really participate unless something absolutely bonkers happens.

Can't stand when coaches are so 'businesslike' that they don't allow players to express emotion. I'll take a fired up player over a guy who has the exact same expression all game long...as long as the fired up player is making plays (hence why he's fired up?). It's not like it got Ennema a T for taunting or something.

I think he is right. Dallas isn't the best on D so he should be extra careful when running back on D. He was covering #21 last night that buried many 3s. I don't think the crowd needed to see his 3 fingers in order to get rowdy. We saw the basket that's what made the cheer.

Edited by MRSGDG

Nothing wrong with firing up the crowd, but NOT when the ball's in play. We have cheerleaders for that.

I thought this was in reference to the instance when he dived for a loose ball and got us possession? Not on some shot? I didn't even see the three finger salute on a made shot. Or maybe my memory is totally shot...it's been a rough day at the office today.

If the ball is in play, then yes, full agreement here (shut up and get back on D PRONTO)...but I thought this was in reference to the emotion he showed after getting that loose ball when play had stopped (due to said possession arrow change). In THAT case, Brown needs to leave it alone.

Edited by Ilko

Speaking of crowd interaction...

After the game Cremo came into the stands to say high to someone and on the way back to the court he got surrounded by some little kids. He sat down on the front row and started signing whatever the kids were giving him.

Cremo is just a good dude.

Edited by Ilko

“I just wish he would stop turning to the crowd and giving the hand signals,” Brown said. “(New Hampshire) trying to race up the court and push the ball down our throats. (Ennema) is pumped up, which I love, but we are worried about getting stops.”

Nothing wrong with firing up the crowd, but NOT when the ball's in play. We have cheerleaders for that.

I thought this was in reference to the instance when he dived for a loose ball and got us possession? Not on some shot? I didn't even see the three finger salute on a made shot. Or maybe my memory is totally shot...it's been a rough day at the office today.

If the ball is in play, then yes, full agreement here (shut up and get back on D PRONTO)...but I thought this was in reference to the emotion he showed after getting that loose ball when play had stopped (due to said possession arrow change). In THAT case, Brown needs to leave it alone.

the play was in reference to after his 3 from near the top of key...he did the 3 finger birdie over his eye as he backed up towards half court..the loose ball emotion was perfectly fine

“I just wish he would stop turning to the crowd and giving the hand signals,” Brown said. “(New Hampshire) trying to race up the court and push the ball down our throats. (Ennema) is pumped up, which I love, but we are worried about getting stops.”

Interesting...I've been having some DNS like issues lately where some pages aren't loading completely ( seems to be mostly anything that has a tie in to Facebook, etc. - must be a plugin). I thought the article ended with this paragraph:
"I really do give Dallas a lot of credit,” Brown said. “He has had to get in there and he has to battle guys who are bigger and stronger than he is. He has never once complained. Dallas is a great kid, a great worker. Guys like him deserve to have success. He is doing stuff he is not used to doing, and he is doing it well."
I checked it on my phone after ya'll got on my back and my phone loaded the whole thing. Didn't even see the reference to the three pointer. I stand corrected.
Edited by Ilko

Hooley a spectator in crunch time but will start vs. Maine

A rough shooting year for Hooley but your fifth-year senior going out after games to put up more shots with new players is why he's a captain. Quality leadership.

I forgot UNH split their series with both Stony Brook and Vermont last year. We aren't the only one who has a problem with them. They're playing the Seawolves this weekend. That should be a great game.

I partially disagree with coach in the sense that his issue with Dallas should NOT have been handled in the media. He heaped praise on Dallas for playing out of position, never complaining and playing well. "in my opinion," he should have left it at that and handled his teaching moment with Dallas between them. Now I am biased, because next to Hooley, Dallas has been my favorite since he arrived. I have always felt that Dallas had the talent to be a special player, but always seemed to be lacking in confidence. No matter what role he has been asked, he has performed more than competently; but has so far not been able to take the next step to "greatness." Maybe I am wrong and he will never be more than a role player, but coach's negative comment lessoned the effect the praise part could do for Dallas' confidence.

As for MSRGDG (whose opinions I greatly respect) implication that #21 was scoring a lot on Dallas; I would just like to point out that Leissner is one of the best players in the league, Dallas is playing out of position covering him and I have no way to prove it but think he actually scored less when Dallas was on him.

And not to give too much love to Dallas today, but I agree with RGOOD that the rebound foul call definitely goes on my all time worse calls list.

And to give some prop's to coach (not that he needs any), I do agree with coach not using Peter [even though it breaks my heart] in crunch time. It had to be a heart wrenching decision for coach also.

I partially disagree with coach in the sense that his issue with Dallas should NOT have been handled in the media. He heaped praise on Dallas for playing out of position, never complaining and playing well. "in my opinion," he should have left it at that and handled his teaching moment with Dallas between them.

This should have been a non issue because it's something that needs to be kept in house. I'll give coach the benefit of the doubt, since he's been handling the media pretty good the past few years, unlike wayy back.

Edited by UA'08