UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Maine, 2:00 Sunday 2/14

now 21-7 and yet I feel disappointed. SB just rubs me the wrong way.

Chance on Wednesday to even it all out a bit. If UA plays with the same fire as it did today and SBU plays as poorly as it did today, we have a chance.

Have a chance? If what you say happens, we will beat SB by 15.

Oh that Peter dunk :)

Followed by Sanders and then Cremo taking off thinking he was Zack Lavine... Good thing he's alright.

Yeah, that was crazy. But not as crazy as LeVine winning it last night over Gordon. Gordon got absolutely robbed.

I actually thought Richard Peters played one of his better games today. 8 points, 7 rebounds and he looked a little more aggressive going after the ball.More of that, please

Defense and rotation was great today and fun to watch. Also the fact that we didn't let up coming out of halftime. Looked like a championship level team today on that end of the floor.

I missed the first 10 minutes (FYI: avoid Ruby Tuesday in Latham. Place is slow and just not good in general - ribs sucked, TGIF Jack Daniels ribs is where it's at!) of the first half...

Not sure what you saw in him but I thought he had yet another crap game despite the numbers. He got blocked AGAIN when going up for a 'dunk' or whatever it was. He scored some points on completely uncontested putbacks which is fine...but a big guy like that should be able to basically out muscle anyone not named Warney. He's getting outmuscled on the daily.

Hate to be mean, but at his size and supposed ability prior to coming here, he's been a disappointment. Dude makes Gifford look like Jesse Owens too. He's slow, doesn't close out well (actually happened a play or two after he got blocked - he was incredibly slow to rotate and dude drilled a 3 on us because of it), has hands of stone. I don't remember him being this bad last year. I wonder if someone little Space Jam monster came and stole his game.

now 21-7 and yet I feel disappointed. SB just rubs me the wrong way.

I think Maine feels disappointed in a different way. They'll probably remember it as a Valentine's Day Massacre.

LOL. I like it!

I agree. Best Rich has looked in at least the past few weeks.

No matter how many people want it to happen..a skilled 6'11'+ guy doesn't come to the America East. Kirsten Zoellner was 7'1" for us in 2005 and 2006. He put up 7.5ppg, 4.9rpg and 1.2bpg in 2006..and that earned him third team all-conference.

I just can't get over him getting blocked from behind by guards or smaller players while going up for putbacks. I mean, come on. Stire showed him how it's done today by completely shrugging off contact from a defender and putting it home with some authority. That's how it should be done...any big who can't do that OR gets stuffed in the process...I have to be critical of.

I know my 'review' of some players sometimes rubs people the wrong way...but I don't care.

I think SBU will be a war. This is a true statement game for them and they have to be real tired of UA stealing the cookies just before they get to take a bite. I hope Cremo is feeling OK. He'll

probably be spending two days in a whirlpool. He's a heck of a talent but was kind of reckless on the shot he got hurt on. I think after the consecutive dunks he wanted a piece of the action

and his emotions got ahead of his BB brains. All that said, when he came back he looked pretty tentative and a bit wobbly. Leaving him in let him work out the kinks and he was better later on.

I loved the post move he put on and the fact that he almost always seems to be in the right place for rebounds…and led in rebounds last night despite missing time.

I agree that Peters should do better, but as said, talented 6-11 guys don't go to the AE. Still, he plays with little or no aggression. I also like how WB never lets up, coaches up the players when

they come out, gets steamed at a bad pass up by 40. Can't let up this time of year.

• Like 1

Some of you are realllllly underestimating how much a bad, rookie D in Maine (+the absence of their best player and another important rotation guy - Stoya ...) made us look good. You can not compare our play against Maine to what we will face against SBU.

I disagree somewhat.....understanding S.B. is a 100% different animal than Maine...my point exactly is how WE played...we came out with the most energy and focus I have seen all year and kept it without relaxing once until we were up 40....I still say without hesitation, if WE are in the same frame of mind with same energy and focus, we will win tomorrow...

• Like 1

I still expect a war. This sort of brings to mind those sayings along the lines of "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy" or Mike Tyson's "They all have a plan until they get punched in the face". SBU is far better

equipped to punch back hard than an undermanned Maine team was. Still, I think UA showed in Long Island that they can play with these guys and if they play well they can surely beat them. Should be fun!

• Like 1