UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Holy Cross - 9/17/16 at 7PM

Yeah all things considered, it was a big win and hopefully the 'fair weather' fans come back for a second helping on Saturday. Are the seats you guys purchased from the store the same ones used as rentals? Or are your seat bottoms a more proportionate size to your rears? I don't know if I have a badonkadonk or what, but I felt like I was sitting on a 2x4 for the most part.

Maybe your ass size is the problem? :P

dat-fat-ass_o_1234582.jpg

I think click is being unfair! Assuming we are are able to bring the seats in this week, give mine a try. We've found them to be very comfortable.
  • Like 1

Yeah all things considered, it was a big win and hopefully the 'fair weather' fans come back for a second helping on Saturday. Are the seats you guys purchased from the store the same ones used as rentals? Or are your seat bottoms a more proportionate size to your rears? I don't know if I have a badonkadonk or what, but I felt like I was sitting on a 2x4 for the most part.

The last few years the football store at the stadium sold seats with like a cotton material backing. Similar to 41+hqs5mZVL._AC_US160_.jpg

Now the school sells seats with more plastic material at their school Barnes & Noble Store.

http://albany.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Hardback_Stadium_Seat/ProductDisplay?imageId=1089809&level=2%253Futm_medium%253Demail&graphicId=1&categoryId=40466&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=19071&productId=400000282666

(I think these are also the "rental" ones)

LARGEIMAGE_1089809.jpg

Edited by MRSGDG

Just watched some of the highlights at the link below from Twitter. What Zee did was absolutely a penalty in college football. Post-TD celebrations are not allowed and that was a multiple move celebration of several brushes of the shirt and then the two handed swipe of the UAlbany word on the front. Do I agree? Not really but according to the rules that was a post-TD celebration and a penalty. I think he could've gotten away with the first move but then the second move is where the ref threw the flag.

Maybe someday athletes will get back to a day where they don't have to celebrate like freaking $ienafans and hotshots,

and they'll carry themselves with class. Act like you've been there before.... and like civilized men.

This isn't directed at Zee because I haven't seen the incident.

Maybe your ass size is the problem? :P

dat-fat-ass_o_1234582.jpg

I think click is being unfair! Assuming we are are able to bring the seats in this week, give mine a try. We've found them to be very comfortable.

Thanks Jim!

The last few years the football store at the stadium sold seats with like a cotton material backing. Similar to 41+hqs5mZVL._AC_US160_.jpg

Now the school sells seats with more plastic material at their school Barnes & Noble Store.

http://albany.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Hardback_Stadium_Seat/ProductDisplay?imageId=1089809&level=2%253Futm_medium%253Demail&graphicId=1&categoryId=40466&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=19071&productId=400000282666

(I think these are also the "rental" ones)

LARGEIMAGE_1089809.jpg

Thanks for sharing...the bottom one is definitely different from the one I have as a rental. The butt area is twice as big. The top one more closely resembles the rental but the rental is a plastic type.

Just watched some of the highlights at the link below from Twitter. What Zee did was absolutely a penalty in college football. Post-TD celebrations are not allowed and that was a multiple move celebration of several brushes of the shirt and then the two handed swipe of the UAlbany word on the front. Do I agree? Not really but according to the rules that was a post-TD celebration and a penalty. I think he could've gotten away with the first move but then the second move is where the ref threw the flag.

Maybe someday athletes will get back to a day where they don't have to celebrate like freaking sienafans and hotshots,

and they'll carry themselves with class. Act like you've been there before.... and like civilized men.

This isn't directed at Zee because I haven't seen the incident.

Come on!

1) He's a late teens/very early 20's college kid

2) He just scored a TD on a BEAUTIFUL pass

You just want him to walk off the field like nothing happened? By that kind of logic, after a TD, players shouldn't hug each other or high five each other either...that's a celebration! Is it not?

The fact that the NCAA (and NFL) have anti-celebration rules is ASININE TO THE 10th DEGREE. What a joke. Let people (especially ones who work VERY hard at their craft) enjoy the fruits of their labor after making a big play, etc. The only time you should get penalized is if you're in a defenders face after scoring a play (taunting). If you're doing a little dance to the crowd or with a teammate, what is the harm in that?

Regarding celebrations: There tends to be too many of them and I don't like the ones that call attention to one person. The ones that appear to be celebrating with the fans are ok. In general though, they are harmless, as long as they are not aimed at the other team. Victor Cruz doing a salsa seems like a celebration with the fans because he faces the crowd in the end zone. If he were to stop in mid field and face the opposing bench I would be against it. I'm old enough to remember Billy White Shoes Johnson, the Icky Shuffle and the Smurfs. It was fun and didn't hurt anybody. I do very much have a problem with refs throwing a flag for a spontaneous celebration for a big play at the end of a game. Let the kids celebrate as long as its not aimed at disrespecting their opponent.

I think this is the rule that applies to Zee's foul (NCAA Football Rules page 93):

1. (d) Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by

which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon

himself (or themselves).

Interesting to read over some of the rules. Didn't realize that if a player celebrates early, goose steps, delays entering the end zone on a breakaway (unopposed) TD, etc...the play is dead, the TD is disallowed and the 15 yard penalty is enforced from the spot of the foul.

Gotta admit that Zee violated that rule. DanesRGood got it right...went on too long.

Edited by jimbo

I dunno, I don't see it. Directed at other team? Sure. Bad sportsmanship. Doing anything else towards the fans or your fellow (UA) teammates...leave it alone. And the thing with the delayed entrance into the end zone (such as goose stepping or dragging their feet as they sometimes do in the NFL) being a TD negating penalty...well...I just shake my head. Joke.

This reminds me of the penalty Eric Decker got after he got a first down, stretched the ball forward and dropped it. There happened to be two Bills near by and he got a 'final warning' unsportsmanlike penalty. Joke.

Sports are about entertainment...is Cruz doing the Salsa not entertaining? This wasn't Terrell Owen's running and dancing on the Dallas Star (that is BS and should be a penalty).

Anyway...starting to get off on a tangent I suppose. Hope Zee knows now that he can't have fun playing football and entertaining the crowd.

Edited by Eli

Although I do agree that there shouldn't be penalties given, unless taunting is involved...

I do think there are way too many jokers showboating and acting like jackasses.

Football, basketball, in normal every day life..... I'm not too interested in showboaters,

and people that need to call attention to themselves.

There's a fine line between celebrating and acting like a dumb$iena, I guess.

Yes! 3-0 is terrific. UB was an unexpected pleasure, RI was expected, HC was winnable but a little easier than expected. Looking at the HC forum I think they relied too much upon last year's

result when UA was decimated with injuries, QBs were struggling mightily and they just had their #1 offensive threat suspended. Overall though, their forum was pretty realistic except for some calls to bench

Pujols. UA just wasn't going to give him anything deep and the tackling was generally superb. So SF is going to be a struggle? Is UA due for a let down?

Back to topic, 3-0.

I'll take this start to the 2016 season.

I think a few were trying to run off coach before the season even began.

Well, in our defense, he didn't seem to be recruiting a good QB lol. But, Sussman must have put in a TON of work over the summer and looks WAY better than last year even with his occasional mistakes. He's no Fiacchi yet, but he's decent and will only get better I think.

Edited by Eli

What if you're about to score the winning TD with two seconds left? Are you NOT allowed to run down the clock before scoring?

Not the way I read it. You can download a PDF for free. They have lots of interpretation scenarios in the second section.

Grounds for unsportsmanlike conduct:

1. (e) An unopposed ball carrier obviously altering stride as he

approaches the opponent’s goal line or diving into the end

zone.