UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Week 5: vs Richmond 10/8 @ 3:30PM

So many missed opportunities... Proud of this team... Growing before our eyes... Defense played strong just wore down on that last ot td.

Sussman some great flashes and some mistakes but expected from a young kid. Richmond is good and big. But our defense really frustrated their qb, I belive he had two to.

Learn and move on, critical stretch here if we want playoffs.

Edited by Clickclack

Great effort. Our undersized D line got worn down and that #20 was hard to handle. They need some better play calling and creative ways to get the ball in Hanks' hands. Also they need some more plays for Alston. Too many times to the well for that one play. Proud of the team.

I saw, at the soccer game tonight, some additional bleachers set up on the northeast corner of the berm.

There were some in the northwest corner which I assumed were for watching the game while consuming beverages from the hospitality tent, but also

some on the northeast corner all by their lonesome. Just three-row portables, but a start.

Surprised they announced the over-capacity attendance of 9052.

I kept waiting for them to run a counter or reverse off a fake sweep to Alston,

they were chasing him so hard.

So many missed opportunities... Proud of this team... Growing before our eyes... Defense played strong just wore down on that last ot td.

Sussman some great flashes and some mistakes but expected from a young kid. Richmond is good and big. But our defense really frustrated their qb, I belive he had two to.

Learn and move on, critical stretch here if we want playoffs.

Great effort. Our undersized D line got worn down and that #20 was hard to handle. They need some better play calling and creative ways to get the ball in Hanks' hands. Also they need some more plays for Alston. Too many times to the well for that one play. Proud of the team.

Basically these posts. It was disappointing to lose such a good game (score wise, balanced back and forth), but UA showed some moxy late in the 4th, etc. We're a young team generally speaking so next year we should be even better. Lots of bright spots....but....(see next post)

Edited by Eli

THROW A SLANT!

The coaching in this game (at least from the offensive coordinator) was atrocious. What is it with GG not wanting to run anything over the middle?

All of the routes are to the outside, which allows the defense to key on that facet. At least do some play actions or something. They had a few where our guy went right for the sideline when he should have zagged towards the sideline and then zigged back to the middle. I mean, it's atrocious. Even Sakowski's dad was as pissed as me. I've been going to FB games since the opening night of the stadium and like 1% of our plays in all the game since have been over the middle. There are NFL QB's who, no joke, have made HOF careers using the slant.

Aren't all the coaches pretty much defensive minded coaches? If I recall, didn't GG make a former defensive player turned coach our offensive coordinator? FIRE THE DUDE. HE SUCKS.

THROW A SLANT!

The coaching in this game (at least from the offensive coordinator) was atrocious. What is it with GG not wanting to run anything over the middle?

All of the routes are to the outside, which allows the defense to key on that facet. At least do some play actions or something. They had a few where our guy went right for the sideline when he should have zagged towards the sideline and then zigged back to the middle. I mean, it's atrocious. Even Sakowski's dad was as pissed as me. I've been going to FB games since the opening night of the stadium and like 1% of our plays in all the game since have been over the middle. There are NFL QB's who, no joke, have made HOF careers using the slant.

Aren't all the coaches pretty much defensive minded coaches? If I recall, didn't GG make a former defensive player turned coach our offensive coordinator? FIRE THE DUDE. HE SUCKS.

Agree but the late TD was a deep crossing pattern.

THROW A SLANT!

Agree but the late TD was a deep crossing pattern.

Correct, and look what happened. This OC is allergic to slants or quick hits over the middle. It's either a deep ball or something to the sideline.

• Like 1