UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at UMASS (3/6/18 - 3 PM)

UMass Record:

1-3

02/10 @ Army L 6-18

02/13 vs Sacred Heart W 13-9

02/24 vs Harvard L 11-16

02/27 vs Yale L 10-13

Top Offensive Players:

Buddy Carr - 7G, 8A, 15P

Devin Spencer - 8G, 1A, 9P

Chris Connolly - 6A, 3A, 9P

Jeff Trainor - 5G, 4A, 9P

Goalie Stats:

Sean Sconone - 36 Saves, 43 GA, 46% SV %

Hampton Brannon - 13 Saves, 13 GA, 50% SV %

UMass Record:

1-3

02/10 @ Army L 6-18

02/13 vs Sacred Heart W 13-9

02/24 vs Harvard L 11-16

02/27 vs Yale L 10-13

Top Offensive Players:

Buddy Carr - 7G, 8A, 15P

Devin Spencer - 8G, 1A, 9P

Chris Connolly - 6A, 3A, 9P

Jeff Trainor - 5G, 4A, 9P

Goalie Stats:

Sean Sconone - 36 Saves, 43 GA, 46% SV %

Hampton Brannon - 13 Saves, 13 GA, 50% SV %

Remember the days when playing UMASS was a daunting task.

These days, I expect a blowout by the Danes.

I saw a post on a UMass board from a fan who wondered if the bad weather would have an effect on the game. The problem is that the bad weather arrives tomorrow and the Dane Train rolls into town today.

• Like 1

IMO UMass was the mid-major power in the era just prior to UA's rise. In 2002 they missed out on the FF by losing to Hopkins in OT, in 2006 they came from the 10 or 11 seed to make it all the way to the championship game losing to that all time great UVA team in a route and in 2012 were 15-1 and ranked #1 for portions of the year. The good ole Garber Gorillas.

Ideally, TD will do his thing and the offense is crisp allowing UA to rest their starters in advance of the UMD showdown. Does anyone know if the team is flying to Maryland? I don't know what the athletics budget is like these days but we use to fly to 1-2 games a year and this seems like an ideal situation to do so. IMO that bus ride costs a team half a goal at least.

Why is it that all America East games are free [ even if the feed leaves a lot to be desired] BUT Ivy League and CAA require a subscription to view???? I know it's cheaper than going to a game but still!!! On UA Lacrosee it says subscription but on the UMass site is says free! I guess we'll find out

Edited by HOF2013

Some of the boys are beat up up after a hard fought game against Cornell. Going to be key to get up big early, but I have a feeling this one is going to be a bit of a repeat of what we saw on Sunday, but not quite the white knuckler. UMass actually has a pretty solid FOGO.

The shot Rey took behind the Cornell net has to be hurting. He was feeling it after that - watched him during time-outs on the sideline. Fields took some shots too - knocked on his ass several times I guess we'll see what they are made of this week. Plus with 6"-10" of snow in the forecast tomorrow - wondering about practice again going into Maryland!! Not suppose to be a wet as last week. Colder temps.

Edited by HOF2013

IMO UMass was the mid-major power in the era just prior to UA's rise. In 2002 they missed out on the FF by losing to Hopkins in OT, in 2006 they came from the 10 or 11 seed to make it all the way to the championship game losing to that all time great UVA team in a route and in 2012 were 15-1 and ranked #1 for portions of the year. The good ole Garber Gorillas.

Ideally, TD will do his thing and the offense is crisp allowing UA to rest their starters in advance of the UMD showdown. Does anyone know if the team is flying to Maryland? I don't know what the athletics budget is like these days but we use to fly to 1-2 games a year and this seems like an ideal situation to do so. IMO that bus ride costs a team half a goal at least.

A friend of mine was a captain at UMASS as they were making their rise. He is not happy with their downturn but is interested in Albany's rise. Hopefully I will have a something to razz him through text about later this evening.

I saw a post on a UMass board from a fan who wondered if the bad weather would have an effect on the game. The problem is that the bad weather arrives tomorrow and the Dane Train rolls into town today.

laughter.gif

LMAO - takes all kinds!!

Why is it that all America East games are free [ even if the feed leaves a lot to be desired] BUT Ivy League and CAA require a subscription to view???? I know it's cheaper than going to a game but still!!! On UA Lacrosee it says subscription but on the UMass site is says free! I guess we'll find out

I think this one is pay to watch because it is being broadcast on the lax sports network. I am pretty sure you can do a free trail and watch it online or on their app. I am getting it set up right now on apple tv.

I think this one is pay to watch because it is being broadcast on the lax sports network. I am pretty sure you can do a free trail and watch it online or on their app. I am getting it set up right now on apple tv.

If you go to the link in the thread above it says FREE under the game so hopefully it is.