UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX NCAA Semifinal vs Yale (Gillette Stadium)

To our seniors: The Rey brothers, Connor, J D, Zah Wolfe, Stone Sims, Justin Zelen, Brendan Chetuck and Kyle McClancy plus Josh Egan & A J Kluck wishing the best in your future endeavors and careers ... your spirit will always roam the UALBANY campus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don’t think Duke can beat Yale.  I think it’s Yale’s year.  They are exceptionally good this year.   They have a warrior’s mentality as well.

Say what you will but we just had the best year in UAlbany lacrosse history.   This can only help UA recruiting.   Our final four  appearance  can never be taken away and will always be in the memory banks of US Collegiate Lacrosse.

Edited by uofalbany
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, jimbo said:

Well, the lucky shirt lost its mojo. It was 5-0 when I turned off ESPN and 9-2 when I went to airplane mode. Sitting in EWR and checking comments. Based on what I saw it seemed nothing was working an defense was non existent. It’s games like these where the overall level of athlete at all positions really takes over. Well, it was a great ride, but a sad end. Thanks to all of the seniors for all of the wins and thrills. 

Another reason why I hate to see the season end.  We are losing a lot of talent from the departing seniors!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

TD won 18 of 33, Mackie 15 of 33

Actually Mackie was 15 of 32, Weitzel was 0-1

What stood out to me in the box scores: we only had five turnovers against Denver,  FOURTEEN against Yale (nine caused.)

Attendance 30,616 is almost certainly the largest at any Albany sporting event ever* (for any school or pro team?), until the Pitt football game this September

* OK, Wilkin, except for Saratoga

Edited by UAalum72

Congrats to Yale.   The team that beat UA twice and wins the ship validates their skill, physicality, and speed.  Was their year and wraps up the Twewaratan for Reeves.  Coach Shay is a good guy, had nothing but praise for our program, Marr, and loved Connor.

• Thanks 2

I know we wonder what would have happened if Fields never got hurt.   Doesnt look like it really mattered.   Both losses to Yale had very little to do with Fields,  ground balls, physical play, and our defense doomed us .  Would we have lost to UMBC with a non-injured Fields?  Still might of and would that have changed the seeding and made us a 1 seed if we beat UMBC?  Still would have lost to Yale today if we had beat Duke Saturday.