UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1 minute ago, HOF2013 said:

Sorry but that is a totally assinine analogy - nuff said!!!   Plus your personal experience colors your position on ANY UA athletics and it has nothing whatever to do with him leaving.  Sorry but St. Rose is not on the same level!!  PLUS TD left as the top in his position in the nation for "Greener Fields"

Exactly, ridiculous analogy...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

2018,  Just curious about your opinion; if you would like to share? What "is" the bad news and what "isn't" the bad news about Gleason going to $iena?

The bad news is we are probably losing a good coach, the not so  bad news is if it happens it is for all the right reasons.  We were at a lacrosse tournament and people were talking about it.

• Like 1

I wasn't trying to say it was a 1:1 match, I am simply saying Marr tends to err on the side of "He gave us 2 great years". I don't think it has been mentioned here yet but TD wanted to leave after his freshman year, and Marr asked him to stick it out one more year and if he still wasn't happy then he could go. Despite him not being highly recruited and all of that jazz, at the end of the day it wasn't the right fit for the kid. It is no different than a company hiring a kid fresh out of college, giving him a signing bonus, training and all that and the kid leaves because he got a better job offer or whatever.

As far as my person situation, and there are two sides to every story but essentially we started 0-5 and Marr called me into his office and said "We need to light a fire under this team so you are going to be suspended for the next 3 games until we start our conference play." I said, "Truck no" and took the position that it was up to him to realize how ridiculous that was and despite the captains lobbying for my return he did not budge. There is more to the story on Marr's end as to what he was going through off the field but I won't speak to that. During my time at Albany, my freshman year I experienced the type of program that is described today, during my soph and junior years it was much closer to what you would think of Hopkins. A lot of negative reinforcement, a lot of running as punishment, and a lot of discipline..which coming from a life of playing West Genesee lax year round, didn't really phase me but it definitiely put a negative vibe around the team.

As far as why I transferred to St. Rose...I was going to head to Syracuse with Cometti however they were offering 50% scholarship and I was graduating with my accounting degree and heading to grad school for my MBA so I opted to go play for Liam Gleason at St Rose who was just starting their program. Liam went back to UA before St Rose had their first practice but by that time I was comfortable with my decision. With 25 freshman and myself as a 5th year, we went 8-8 in the hardest conference in d2 and beat a top 10 team... which as you can tell is something I am proud of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an FYI, you have to pay back your signing bonus at any reputable company.  Usually divided by service years. 

Other than that, it’s the way TD went out and where he’s going that miffs many.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JPompo6 said:

I wasn't trying to say it was a 1:1 match, I am simply saying Marr tends to err on the side of "He gave us 2 great years". I don't think it has been mentioned here yet but TD wanted to leave after his freshman year, and Marr asked him to stick it out one more year and if he still wasn't happy then he could go. Despite him not being highly recruited and all of that jazz, at the end of the day it wasn't the right fit for the kid. It is no different than a company hiring a kid fresh out of college, giving him a signing bonus, training and all that and the kid leaves because he got a better job offer or whatever.

As far as my person situation, and there are two sides to every story but essentially we started 0-5 and Marr called me into his office and said "We need to light a fire under this team so you are going to be suspended for the next 3 games until we start our conference play." I said, "Truck no" and took the position that it was up to him to realize how ridiculous that was and despite the captains lobbying for my return he did not budge. There is more to the story on Marr's end as to what he was going through off the field but I won't speak to that. During my time at Albany, my freshman year I experienced the type of program that is described today, during my soph and junior years it was much closer to what you would think of Hopkins. A lot of negative reinforcement, a lot of running as punishment, and a lot of discipline..which coming from a life of playing West Genesee lax year round, didn't really phase me but it definitiely put a negative vibe around the team.

As far as why I transferred to St. Rose...I was going to head to Syracuse with Cometti however they were offering 50% scholarship and I was graduating with my accounting degree and heading to grad school for my MBA so I opted to go play for Liam Gleason at St Rose who was just starting their program. Liam went back to UA before St Rose had their first practice but by that time I was comfortable with my decision. With 25 freshman and myself as a 5th year, we went 8-8 in the hardest conference in d2 and beat a top 10 team... which as you can tell is something I am proud of. 

Sorry but Blah! Blah! Blah!

• Confused 1

A more exciting off season for Coach Marr than he probably wanted. Derrick Eccles has stayed longer than most recent grad, volunteer coaches.  I hadn't heard if one of this year's graduates is going to stick around or not. I am trying to think of any former, recent former players who would be candidates to fill the defensive coordinator position.

This is pretty big news.  While a fully funded scholarship that is endowed for life is about 750k-1mill, endowing even a portion of a full ride frees up money for other uses.  So, it seems we have 8 scholarships at least partially endowed for lacrosse according to this article. There are 12.6 allowable scholarships in D I lax, per team.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UAFAN said:

New Gifts Support Continued Success for Lacrosse Program

Awesome,  Thank you Donors!

I really need to win the lottery. 

The last paragraph is REALLY interesting>

".....With the addition of the Frasch Family Lacrosse Scholarship and the Jack Drewry Endowed Scholarship, there are now eight endowed scholarship funds within The University at Albany Foundation for the Men’s Lacrosse program..."