UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

He will be part of next yesr’s Incoming freshmen class. Makes that a really good looking offensive class.

Awesome Attack coming in BUT we NEED the Middies and LS Close Def to be GOOD and we need to hope the FO kids will be 50-60%

Edited by HOF2013

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I am just nervous because of the TD bull!!

If his replacement can just get to 60% next season, we will be ok.  Look back at many of the lopsided scores this past season.  We still would have won those with a 60%ish FOGO.  The two games where TD saved the teams butt was Cornell and Maryland where we don't make the come back without him winning in the 4th.  That's where we will miss him, team down in 4th and trying a comeback.  Guess next season we will just have to always have a lead ?

I don't want to speak for HOF 2013, but I think he is referring to the image of TD leaving and why. I haven't heard from anyone who spoke personally with TD about the why, but the prevailing impression is that there was a cultural mismatch, and the program doesn't have enough structure. As I have said before the perception is off from the reality, but if that was TD's motivation for leaving I do think there is some truth to that, but in the grand scheme of things in terms of life lessons, I think Irelan is off base, and wherever he winds up he is going to find guys screwing around.

Could things be more structured. Sure. But as I have said before, and I can't get into details, but I could tell stories of structured programs where kids are smoking lots of pot, not going to classes and on and on. 

Originally I thought the head shots were funny, but if I were Coach Marr I would squash it. 

While there are perception things that if I were boss I would do away with, UA lacrosse is one of the most healthy if not most healthy atmospheres in college lacrosse. While as a parent  I wish some things were a bit different, I have said it before and I will say it again, I wouldn't want my kid playing for anyone else. 

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don't want to speak for HOF 2013, but I think he is referring to the image of TD leaving and why. I haven't heard from anyone who spoke personally with TD about the why, but the prevailing impression is that there was a cultural mismatch, and the program doesn't have enough structure. As I have said before the perception is off from the reality, but if that was TD's motivation for leaving I do think there is some truth to that, but in the grand scheme of things in terms of life lessons, I think Irelan is off base, and wherever he winds up he is going to find guys screwing around.

Could things be more structured. Sure. But as I have said before, and I can't get into details, but I could tell stories of structured programs where kids are smoking lots of pot, not going to classes and on and on. 

Originally I thought the head shots were funny, but if I were Coach Marr I would squash it. 

While there are perception things that if I were boss I would do away with, UA lacrosse is one of the most healthy if not most healthy atmospheres in college lacrosse. While as a parent  I wish some things were a bit different, I have said it before and I will say it again, I wouldn't want my kid playing for anyone else. 

Correct - the image and the disloyalty just really tick me off !  I guess it has to do with actually playing for Albany and knowing how guys develop a love for each other and a loyalty for the program and the school [Listen to Connor Fields and the Thompsons talk about it].  I just can't get my head around him transferring out!  Guys here who have a different position and attitude - so be it.  I just do not agree on ANY level.  BTW, My son was at Syracuse for a semester and transferred to Albany.  Why?  NONE of the guys on the team went to classes, they all partied all the time etc.  He was a serious student. 97 ave coming out of HS - 100 on every math Regents etc.  He needed more structure.  Was before Marr but tells something about THAT program, at least then.  His senior year was 1st at D1.  So it is likely you are correct!

Edited by HOF2013

11 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

The headshots are a gimmick that's run it's course. That's the first thing I'd eliminate if there's a desire to tighten some things. Never was I a fan.

Edited by Clickclack

We made it to the final four this year!

Do we think we need to tear down the UA program because of one kid's decision?  Hell no!

Every program needs to evolve, each year things are tweaked for one reason or another.

I don't think his transfer says anything about a lack of structure and discipline.  If anyone's transfer in or out

gives the coaching staff ideas on bettering the program, so be it.... that's how running a sports program works.

Someone said that 'jonesy' was mentioned in the stands by parents, saying he's a heck of a faceoff guy, and from

the stats, it looks like Altimari has a 70percent high school fo rate, played football, and wrestled.  I really don't

want to hear any former player's name here anymore.  It's getting old.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Agree. I feel good about the contributions the incoming poles can make. An Under Armour All American and an All New England player and I think Sands will be a player.

The best incoming group of poles Marr has recruited.

Boom! 

On 6/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

He will be part of next yesr’s Incoming freshmen class. Makes that a really good looking offensive class.

Sorry still confused when Skidders will be @ UA? Inside Lacrosse and Lax Power have him in the class of 2019-2020 committed to Vermont; meaning he would play in the spring of 2020? You seem to be indicating that he will be playing @ UA next spring 2019??