UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

42 minutes ago, slickwilly said:

Too each their own.  I don't want to create animosity with anyone here. I respect all the true UA fans on this board.  Just stating my opinion and let's just agree to disagree.  I will continue to support the athletes who represent our school just like everyone else here.  Don't get it twisted, I have not and will never "root" for someone who leaves the school.  Good luck to me was meant more as a euphemism for beat it or better yet F off.  Like I said I was a little in my cups last night and I tend to not get angry, but more sentimental.

Click, I appreciate your passion for UA...dont hate on me bro ?

I got no hate my man for our fans... We are all purplefam 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

It is and it isn't. I haven't seen it confirmed but think it is a promotion to a head coaching position. 

2018,  Just curious about your opinion; if you would like to share? What "is" the bad news and what "isn't" the bad news about Gleason going to $iena?

He’s already been there and now he’s going back. I am very happy that it’s not Merrick leaving.  We could use a defense of guru.

Positive, Fresh blood on the defenselive end. Of course any negative would be that he brings UA knowledge with him.  Although, he has already done that in the past.

Edited by uofalbany

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

He’s already been there and now he’s going back. I am very happy that it’s not Merrick leaving.  We could use a defense of guru.

Positive, Fresh blood on the defenselive end. Of course any negative would be that he brings UA knowledge with him.  Although, he has already done that in the past.

Totally agree.  We don't play Siena anymore.  We need another defensive coach!!

So is Liam a quitter and all that for going to Siena? As far as welcoming  TD back, I think you may be unaware of the program Scott runs.

I am not sure if any of yall know this but I left the team during my Junior year due to a very low point in the UA program I dont really need to get into, but UA wasnt always so positive lets leave it at that. Marr and myself were on the worst terms possible as I left when I was a starter on a team that was 0-5 and after i left lost to stony brook 15-0. I ended up playing on St Rose’s first team and after my season ended, I met with Scott and his wife and we expressed a mutual regret for what went down and the convo ended with a hug and I have been welcomed in the fam ever since.

I remember your transfer.  And I remember where you went.  Why the choice of St. Rose?

And what was the beef between you and Marr?

Liam is a coach and has put in many years with the program.

What type of program does Marr run, in your opinion?  

5 hours ago, statefan said:

Because the last guy from UAlbany worked out so well...these poor guys get there, realize that Siena as an institution doesn't support anything but MBB financially or otherwise and they fail. It's a program going absolutely nowhere but I wish him nothing...lol

1 hour ago, JPompo6 said:

So is Liam a quitter and all that for going to Siena? As far as welcoming  TD back, I think you may be unaware of the program Scott runs.

I am not sure if any of yall know this but I left the team during my Junior year due to a very low point in the UA program I dont really need to get into, but UA wasnt always so positive lets leave it at that. Marr and myself were on the worst terms possible as I left when I was a starter on a team that was 0-5 and after i left lost to stony brook 15-0. I ended up playing on St Rose’s first team and after my season ended, I met with Scott and his wife and we expressed a mutual regret for what went down and the convo ended with a hug and I have been welcomed in the fam ever since.

Sorry but that is a totally assinine analogy - nuff said!!!   Plus your personal experience colors your position on ANY UA athletics and it has nothing whatever to do with him leaving.  Sorry but St. Rose is not on the same level!!  PLUS TD left as the top in his position in the nation for "Greener Fields". Totally a different issue!  SHOWs a complete lack of loyalty on his part, to the coaches, to the school, to the program AND his team mates!!!!!  I got benched the last two games of my sophomore year - something that happened that COULD NOT BE SEEN on the game film.  I did not bitch at the head coach or my team mates or cry OR LEAVE the program.  I came back and started again for the next two years AND I was moved to a new position my senior year TO HELP THE TEAM!!  We were undefeated that year!  I have no time for people who quit!!!!!!  Someone taking a promotion at a different school is totally a different thing!!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Haha 1