UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

23 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I've also seen this BUT it is not an accurate representation of what is happening, not even close. It is not based on real figures from the US, because there aren't any.  As of  today there are 1323 cases in the US and about 38-45 deaths right now depending on what news report you accept.   But this IS a typical response from you.  It has nothing whatever to do with playing sports or anything else, just basic research and understanding of what one is looking at.  But you can attack me as you always do.  It is what some folks do when they have no real response!  READ the last sentence below from Johns Hopkins several times! <<<<<<<<THOUGHT TO BE>>>>>>

No one attacked you lol. You're such a doofus. You have the weakest skin. Anyone says anything to you and you flip a lid that you're attacked. JUST STOP ALREADY. Just go away. You can't stand to be wrong about ANYTHING.

CDC > John Hopkins. Facts were posted but they aren't good enough for you. Your own post suggests to corroborate the CDC information.

Go pound salt, kick rocks, whatever. Just STFU already.

Edited by Eli

https://www.foxnews.com/media/world-health-organization-coronavirus-80-percent-of-cases-involve-mild-symptoms

Of course I never said anything about whether or not Corona could became a hugely serious issue.  I think that at this point there is huge over-reaction that is media, and possibly politically driven.  It is just WAY over the top for what is actually happening in the US.  We are far more advanced medically than other areas of the world and quick action was taken to stop travel from China, UNLIKE European countries, especially Italy, that has a far larger % of their economy tied to China than even we do.  Most European countries allowed travel to and from China to continue.  That MAY be one reason why they had / have far greater numbers and %'s of infections.  If it does become anything as serious as some say it will of COURSE we will ALL say so.   

I would susect that All of our Spring sports seasons will be cancelled  going forward.

Edited by HOF2013

Well, on a lighter note, lacrosse has been cancelled by the NCAA.  Technically teams can still play a scheduled game if their conference has not suspended play but don't see that happening.  It is what it is but I think I would be much more upset if this was March 2018 and our #1 ranked Danes could not vie for a title.  We know how it turned out but that March we thought the trophy was ours and to not have a shot at it due to a virus would have sucked.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eli said:

No one attacked you lol. You're such a doofus. You have the weakest skin. Anyone says anything to you and you flip a lid that you're attacked. JUST STOP ALREADY. Just go away. You can't stand to be wrong about ANYTHING.

CDC > John Hopkins. Facts were posted but they aren't good enough for you. Your own post suggests to corroborate the CDC information.

They WERE NOT FACTS - they were mostly ASSUMPTIONS - when actual facts are posted I will always accept them. As I have told you an your peon before bring it on!!!!!

Edited by HOF2013

25 minutes ago, Eli said:

Dude, let it go, I never intended this to turn into a pissing match, yet another one...what I posted was directly from the CDC but whatever. A link to FoxNews is the ticket though. He's right, I'm wrong. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

They WERE NOT FACTS - they were mostly ASSUMPTIONS - when actual facts are posted I will always accept them. As I have told you an your peon before bring it on!!!!!

Lol you’d definitely be the one to take a flight with a cold and infect everyone on the plane with corona.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Lol you’d definitely be the one to take a flight with a cold and infect everyone on the plane with corona.

Never did, never would BUT I would think that people would not get caught up in emotional media driven over-reaction!!   Which is what this is right now. Like it or not.

By the way,   If it actually becomes anything like SARS??????????????, oh wait, 11,000 Americans died and there was NO emotional outrage or response, media or otherwise.  Wonder why?   

13 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Dude, let it go, I never intended this to turn into a pissing match, yet another one...what I posted was directly from the CDC but whatever. A link to FoxNews is the ticket though. He's right, I'm wrong. 

As I said they based most of that on Assumptions - NOT facts - look at it again.  There are no facts yet on Corona in the US, there are now maybe 1400 cases and less 44 deaths.  When there are ACTUAL facts my opinion may change!  BUT that does not call for yet another personal attack!!

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

I've also seen this BUT it is not an accurate representation of what is happening, not even close. It is not based on real figures from the US, because there aren't any.  As of  today there are 1323 cases in the US and about 38-45 deaths right now depending on what news report you accept.   But this IS a typical response from you.  It has nothing whatever to do with playing sports or anything else, just basic research and understanding of what one is looking at.  But you can attack me as you always do.  It is what some folks do when they have no real response!  READ the last sentence below from Johns Hopkins several times! <<<<<<<<THOUGHT TO BE>>>>>>

From the Johns Hopkins today

Infections

COVID-19: Approximately 127,863 cases worldwide; 1,323 cases in the U.S. as of Mar. 12, 2020.

Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths

COVID-19: Approximately 4,718 deaths reported worldwide; 38 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 12, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, people do not have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working on estimating the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be higher than that of most strains of the flu."

BY THE WAY - this chart Is NOT from the CDC.  It was developed by  Business Insider!!!!  They based it SOMEWHAT on CDC information, but if one goes to the link they post you will see it is a STRETCH at best!

Edited by HOF2013

16 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

BY THE WAY - this chart Is NOT from the CDC.  It was developed by  Business Insider!!!!  They based it SOMEWHAT on CDC information, but if one goes to the link they post you will see it is a STRETCH at best!

Are you always this dumb or just sometimes? 

1) I wasn't referring to your 'chart'
2) I was referring to the mortality rate chart shared by Click Clack which was put together by Business Insider with the US CDC and Chinese 'CDC' as their source. Here is the link to the full image (not the cut off version CC posted): https://bit.ly/2U1h8rd
3) I don't even know where you got your 'chart' from...you have no link and thus no sources. And you are going to argue about who's facts are more accurate? At least list your source. Sheesh. Basic debating 101.
4) DP, you should split this thread into off topic as per usual anytime HOF gets on a 'you attacked me!!!!!!' high horse

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1