UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2021

6 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Rayshawn Miller

Alex Foster

Romani Hansen

I’ll get a scotch and wait for your comments (I’m sure you’ll pull something up). 

I’m a Will Brown guy...I just feel like people are trashing a new coach before seeing the goods.  

For the most part they played very well . I guess what I'm saying any you may be missing is that there are over 1000 players in the portal and a 5 point a game player as a grad transfer does nothing for me yet ! Of course I know nothing about the current players.  If he has 10+ scholarships to give then this guy is fine . If not I would rather see a guy with multiple years to develop. You cherry picked a couple of guys., but it normally takes a year or so to get used to to system.  That's basically all . I wish him the best and look forward to better recruits. 

And if you mean pull some facts up I'm sure a could . Lol. But it's too late for that.  Haha 

Edited by UA1882

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

For the most part they played very well . I guess what I'm saying any you may be missing is that there are over 1000 players in the portal and a 5 point a game player as a grad transfer does nothing for me yet ! Of course I know nothing about the current players.  If he has 10+ scholarships to give then this guy is fine . If not I would rather see a guy with multiple years to develop. You cherry picked a couple of guys., but it normally takes a year or so to get used to to system.  That's basically all . I wish him the best and look forward to better recruits. 

I’m curious as to what type of transfer you are expecting them to land here.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

You’re slow. They were all one year grad transfers with meh numbers.  Didn’t see you bitch then. 

agajn, I’m a will brown guy with some insight into the program.  However, without knowing the makeup of the roster, I just feel people are trashing Coach killings just to trash him. Let me put it this way: If our frontline ends up being Doles, Taylor, Hutcheson and Newman...I’m good with it as they all compliment each other 

We are in the AE; who do you expect to come in.  

like you said, facts. 

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

I’m curious as to what type of transfer you are expecting them to land here.

Great question.  Coach Killings is known as a recruiter that has deep roots in the northeast. I hoping that we can compete with some slightly higher conferences go get better players here.  Recruiting is his strength.  So I guess I expect to see better recruits. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

You’re slow. They were all one year grad transfers with meh numbers.  Didn’t see you bitch then. 

agajn, I’m a will brown guy with some insight into the program.  However, without knowing the makeup of the roster, I just feel people are trashing Coach killings just to trash him. Let me put it this way: If our frontline ends up being Doles, Taylor, Hutcheson and Newman...I’m good with it as they all compliment each other 

We are in the AE; who do you expect to come in.  

like you said, facts. 

I'm not into name calling.  But I knew they were 1 year guys . And they did fine . I prefer to develop players but I understand the reason behind this recruit .  Also I was one of the first to say it was a good hire and look forward to the season . 

Edited by UA1882

Miller- former UMass team manager and averaged around 4 a game for umass 

hansen-  9 and 5 for an absolutely trash savannah st team

Alex Foster- averaged about 1.5 and 1,5 in a bust of a career at Texas tech and Bradley. 

where was your disgust with these one year grad transfer recruits 

I’m sure you’ll pull some bull$iena up. 

2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I'm not into name calling.  But I knew they were 1 year guys . And they did fine . I prefer to develop players but I understand the reason behind this recruit .  Also I was one of the first to say it was a good hire and look forward to the season . 

Really, did fine?  Give me a break.  Go look at their stats.  You’re trashing a new coach just to bash him. And for a guy who says he likes facts, you aren’t presenting them

again, I’m a will brown guy but this nonsense is getting ridiculous   

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

Miller- former UMass team manager and averaged around 4 a game for umass 

hansen-  9 and 5 for an absolutely trash savannah st team

Alex Foster- averaged about 1.5 and 1,5 in a bust of a career at Texas tech and Bradley. 

where was your disgust with these one year grad transfer recruits 

I’m sure you’ll pull some bull$iena up. 

I'm sure this has gone on long enough.  I'm not disgusted . I said it does not get my excited . That's all. 

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Ok. Fine.  Let’s use your words.  Did those guys excite you.  I’ll be done with this when I hear that answer. An honest answer. 

No . They didn't .  ( but better then this current recruit ) But I had a ton of respect for Brown. But a guy known as a recruiter I look forward to better. (Recruits) Brown was a very good coach.  I think his loyalty to his staff and the university was his downfall. Maybe a pipe dream for better recruits . I also took Browns strengths as coaching.  From what I heard and read , Killings strengths are recruiting.  (Right now) . I'm not trashing him or Brown. At least not my intention.  It was just to say I hope for better recruits.  

Edited by UA1882

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Seriously?  I question your knowledge of the program if you even think he was relevant.  He averaged around 2 points and 1.5 boards in 30 games.  Miller. 

It was just to say he did not work out.  More as a joke . But a good guy.  

16 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Great question.  Coach Killings is known as a recruiter that has deep roots in the northeast. I hoping that we can compete with some slightly higher conferences go get better players here.  Recruiting is his strength.  So I guess I expect to see better recruits. 

He’s literally been on the job for about a month lol. With the transfer portal, what’s a slightly higher conference CAA? You want a a double digit scorer from the CAA? A double digit scorer from the CAA will look to transfer somewhere higher than Albany. Do you want a power 5 transfer that plays 2 min a game? Let’s see what he does for his 22-23 recruiting class first. I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure coaches spend multiple years recruiting specific kids. 

• Like 1