UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2021

5 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I truly hope you are right.  2:20 in highlights over 4 years. I bet I can find that on just about any player.  Again 5 points a game for a grad transfer in a comparable league. If that gets you going great. 

So what's your comments= on Jarvis Doles? Where was the disappointment when he was recruited. Truly curious.  Basically had the same numbers.  I will take Jarvis Doles ALL DAY. 

Not to say that Newman is going to thrive like Doles did. 

Edited by Dane96

Absolutely.  I could not agree more. I like Doles. 

Doles has 2 more years of eligibility left. This recruit 1. Doles played in a better conference (slightly but better). Doles was hurt. Doles can shoot free throws. Doles can stretch the defense with the 3. Doles averaged 5 a game as a sophomore not a senior. I have about 4 more but I think my point is made and then some . 

I'll reserve judgement on any of the recruits until after I see them on the floor. I've been excited over recruits and I've been disappointed. The big thing is matching a players skills with the style of play you are going to have. Same player will have completely different stats under different coaches and in different systems.

BTW, look at Maine's recruits for next year. They got an athletic 7 footer that looks like he should be in the NBA, not the AE based on highlights....

45 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

So what's your comments= on Jarvis Doles? Where was the disappointment when he was recruited. Truly curious.  Basically had the same numbers.  I will take Jarvis Doles ALL DAY. 

Not to say that Newman is going to thrive like Doles did. 

Doles also had 3 years left last year!!!!!!!! This player has 1 !!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

He was a graduate transfer, and had 1 year until they granted the free year for this past season.

No . U are wrong . He was a graduate transfer . However he also got hurt and got another year. So again I will repeat it . He had 3 years left last year . So now he has 2 left.  This guy has 1. 

Edited by UA1882

4 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

No . U are wrong . He was a graduate transfer . However he also got hurt and got another year. So again I will repeat it . He had 3 years left last year . So now he has 2 left.  This guy has 1. 

Ok so he had 2 coming in last year. I don’t know when the free extra year was granted for all. If you think Doles was going to stay in college to play basketball till he’s 26 then fine lol.

Just now, Dane96 said:

I’m sure you do. 🙄

As a UA fan I truly do. But if my time on this board does not tell you I love facts. If I have an opinion I love to back it up. No feelings.  Just facts. If he has a Doles like year this year it would be great. 

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

Ok so he had 2 coming in last year. I don’t know when the free extra year was granted for all. If you think Doles was going to stay in college to play basketball till he’s 26 then fine lol.

Again .... there was an article written by the "Record" last year and thayd exactly what he said he wanted to do. Does that mean he will of course not . But he said he wants to. I follow the program closely . 

Until we know who coach K is gonna convince to stay a d who he is going to let go, it's really a fool's errand to judge this first season, and the recruiting. We seem to be doing a decent job of offering some high school players that look nice for 22/23/24 already. At this point he needs to put together a roster that can compete at least to the middle of the pack right away. This will mean grad transfers and 1-2 year guys. 

No neither of the first 2 signings are particularly exciting, but both are experienced, will fill short term needs, and could surprise.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Sorry buddy had to do it . Mic 🎤 drop. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesunion.com/sports/amp/Jarvis-Doles-eyeing-a-long-future-with-UAlbany-15850760.php

8 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

As a UA fan I truly do. But if my time on this board does not tell you I love facts. If I have an opinion I love to back it up. No feelings.  Just facts. If he has a Doles like year this year it would be great. 

Rayshawn Miller

Alex Foster

Romani Hansen

I’ll get a scotch and wait for your comments (I’m sure you’ll pull something up). 

I’m a Will Brown guy...I just feel like people are trashing a new coach before seeing the goods.