UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2021

6 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

I don't have a problem with it either. 

The only time it can look/be skeevy is some college coaches hire high school coaches to "deliver" a recruit they used to coach in high school to their school. Some of the FBS football schools hire a bunch of "special assistants" who are high school coaches, to bring recruits from their old high schools with them.

BTW, I never meant to imply that's it's going on here. Just answering the question.

I’d be firmly opposed to that too. No special assistant roles or coaches hired only for the purpose of landing a specific recruit. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cwdickens said:

This thread....keeps popping up...when talking about a recruit...however as I pointed out before...the hiring of an assistant coach closely associated with a recruit is not new to UAlbany....Will Brown was an example of that...came from Sullivan County Community College with a recruit....

Name the recruit because if you think Brown brought oppong in as a player comes along with coach thing, you’re sorely  mistaken. Earv. was a 5’9 street baller who no one was recruiting other than like four schools .    

giving oppong a chance was a wonderfully brilliant move by Brown.  Turned out well, could have turned out poorly.  Credit to both coach and player. 

Edited by Dane96

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

So since we have Paul Newman committed, are we hoping he's more of a hot hand than a cool hand?

I'll show myself out...

Lol.  When I saw that name I actually went to the transfer portal on the off chance there was a Robert Redford.....no such luck. 

• Haha 1

Stony Brook has landed FDU transfer Jahlil Jenkins - who averaged 16.8 points per game this past season. Huge pickup for Geno Ford & The Brook.

-Jeff Goodman

For those wondering these are the type recruits I would like to see us get.  I understand Stony Brook has some advantages but not that that much more. 

DK as a recruiter should be able to bring in these type of guys (I hope). 

Edited by UA1882

34 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Stony Brook has landed FDU transfer Jahlil Jenkins - who averaged 16.8 points per game this past season. Huge pickup for Geno Ford & The Brook.

-Jeff Goodman

For those wondering these are the type recruits I would like to see us get.  I understand Stony Brook has some advantages but not that that much more. 

DK as a recruiter should be able to bring in these type of guys (I hope). 

I get it. Again DK has been on the job just over 3 weeks. They literally just officially rounded out their staff this week. 

If you want to use this guy for example, Horton said he was staying, you also want to have Amica get more PT as well at the point. Why would this guy come to Albany when there’s already 2 PG.

Edited by UA'08

16 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Has anyone watched Jahlil?  He's good...but by no means a panacea. I have been commenting on these posts that he will be a POY favorite.  That's ridiculous.

Everyone needs to calm down.  Jeesh.

I agree he is a solid player.  But not the favorite.  

He will be a solid starter and a good player in our conference.  No real guessing about that.  

I think DK can and will get these guys. (Fully understand 3 weeks) I was just simply saying these are guys we should shoot for.  Good pick up for a program that seems to be on the way up again.