UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Just saw that the 61st renewal of the Ithaca vs Cortland football game will be played next month at MetLife Stadium. As of a few weeks ago they had sold 39,000 seats, which is already a record for D3 football. As former UA opponents in our D3 era, I think it’s pretty cool they get to do this. Both teams are 6-0 at the moment.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jimbo said:

Just saw that the 61st renewal of the Ithaca vs Cortland football game will be played next month at MetLife Stadium. As of a few weeks ago they had sold 39,000 seats, which is already a record for D3 football. As former UA opponents in our D3 era, I think it’s pretty cool they get to do this. Both teams are 6-0 at the moment.  

Yes it is huge.  I do not recall Cortland ever being on the Schedule.  Ithaca yes.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Memories, where would we be without them.  Does anyone remember when UAlbany played Ithaca at Blecker Stadium in 1975?

Actually when I arrived at UA in 1979, they were still talking about the Ithaca game which was in 1978.  Ithaca was undefeated, the game played at Bleeker Stadium, and ABC broadcast the game.  Dario Arango from the soccer team booted a 45 yd FG at the gun to win 9-6.

9 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Actually when I arrived at UA in 1979, they were still talking about the Ithaca game which was in 1978.  Ithaca was undefeated, the game played at Bleeker Stadium, and ABC broadcast the game.  Dario Arango from the soccer team booted a 45 yd FG at the gun to win 9-6.

I remember it well, although I watched it on TV, not at Bleecker. My only UA Bleecker experience was the $iena beatdown. 

39 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

We played Cortland eighteen times, all but one year between 1976 and 1994. We were 8-10

Much of that was during the time I was living out of the area so I do not remember those games.

12 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I remember it well, although I watched it on TV, not at Bleecker. My only UA Bleecker experience was the $iena beatdown. 

Yep I played in that game, Starting Corner, usually left side.  73-6 if I remember correctly.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Haha 1

I don’t want to start another thread, but thought I would mention another name from the past with Albany ties. Al Bagnoli, who coached here and got his masters at UA....currently the winningest coach at any level....currently turning Ivy League doormat Columbia into a respectable program.  I was also wondering, is there a Bob Ford coaching tree out there some place?

20 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

LOL, well I had been thinking for many years that the game was played in my senior year.  The game was an ABC broadcast only shown by the Albany and Syracuse TV stations.