UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Chase Noah (#5) was on the field a bit. Not sure if he got goal, but pretty sure he got an assist or at least was around the action when someone did. Will make a point to watch for him Thursday. Anyone got a TIME for that scrimmage yet?

ps Not to make a political statement or anything;  but I believe Chase Noah went to school with Baron Trump or at least were at St. Andrews at he same time {unless there are multiple St.Andrews Episcopal's in Maryland.}

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Can't disagree with anything you said.

We substituted liberally and early. When you think that three first line starters did not play  that was really good offensive production.

At least 3-4 of their goals were walk ins as you mentioned.

I don't know what the deal is with Altamari. He was the starter last year and for whatever reason fell out of favor. Whatever the coaches decide, I just hope they stick with one of them.

The team is much stronger, and more physical this year, and if everyone can get healthy could be surprise some people.

The physicality is OBVIOUS.  What we have been calling for, for years.   Glad to see it.  The kids will need it against teams like Maryland and Syracuse and I'll think it'll surprise teams in our league!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dslyank said:

Chase Noah (#5) was on the field a bit. Not sure if he got goal, but pretty sure he got an assist or at least was around the action when someone did. Will make a point to watch for him Thursday. Anyone got a TIME for that scrimmage yet?

ps Not to make a political statement or anything;  but I believe Chase Noah went to school with Baron Trump or at least were at St. Andrews at he same time {unless there are multiple St.Andrews Episcopal's in Maryland.}

The St John's scrimmage is supposed to be at noon at the bubble by the airport. If I hear anything different I will let you know.

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

The St John's scrimmage is supposed to be at noon at the bubble by the airport. If I hear anything different I will let you know.

name of the facility again.  I was there last year but don't recall.

Albany picked third in the AE preseason poll

2020 America East Men’s Lacrosse Preseason Poll
No.        School                  Points (1st Place Votes)
1.           Vermont                             31 (2)
2.           UMBC                               30 (3)
3.           UAlbany                            28 (1)
4.           Stony Brook                      24 (1)
5.           UMass Lowell                   15
T6.         Binghamton                       9
              Hartford                             9

37 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Albany picked third in the AE preseason poll

2020 America East Men’s Lacrosse Preseason Poll
No.        School                  Points (1st Place Votes)
1.           Vermont                             31 (2)
2.           UMBC                               30 (3)
3.           UAlbany                            28 (1)
4.           Stony Brook                      24 (1)
5.           UMass Lowell                   15
T6.         Binghamton                       9
              Hartford                             9

As I have said before polls mean nothing whatever.  Look at the polls for the FB teams!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

As I have said before polls mean nothing whatever.  Look at the polls for the FB teams!

I agree with Coach Marr's comment in the short press release. For years now, people have been waiting for Albany to return to mediocrity, and they got it. This is a big year for the coaching staff. I am cautiously optimistic about the season, and the coaches will have to coach with a much more even keel this year than they did last year. We have a core of high quality juniors and seniors, but the future of the team is with a core group of juniors, several in the senior class, but it is with the younger guys. I will be watching how they manage the roster more closely this year, because last year, primarily with the face off guys it wasn't well done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I agree with Coach Marr's comment in the short press release. For years now, people have been waiting for Albany to return to mediocrity, and they got it. This is a big year for the coaching staff. I am cautiously optimistic about the season, and the coaches will have to coach with a much more even keel this year than they did last year. We have a core of high quality juniors and seniors, but the future of the team is with a core group of juniors, several in the senior class, but it is with the younger guys. I will be watching how they manage the roster more closely this year, because last year, primarily with the face off guys it wasn't well done.

As we have both agreed, face off is still a huge issue.  It scares me more than anything else about the team.

9 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Scrimmage is the 30th at noon. Still don't have a confirmed location whether it will be at Casey or at the bubble.

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Please let us know... If you hear something!

Initially we were told in the bubble, but no new news. The one blurb I saw somewhere said Casey so I wish I could help more. I have to work tomorrow so can't make it, but if I hear anything definitive I will post it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Initially we were told in the bubble, but no new news. The one blurb I saw somewhere said Casey so I wish I could help more. I have to work tomorrow so can't make it, but if I hear anything definitive I will post it.

I am getting more frustrated with the situation with the passing of each season.  I understand the staff is small BUT it would seem that a designated person could post small snipetts on FB or Twitter once or twice per week.   I am NOT holding my breath but I sent an e-mail directly to Coach Marr about the lack of communication to season ticket holders and fans in general concerning such things as the time and place of this scrimmage!

• Like 1