UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CAA announces 2021 spring football scheduling format

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Based on what is coming back, it's actually a pretty tough schedule.  The three away games are going to be knock-em down sockfests.  The 'Nova game is a marquee game as they are likely going to be VERY highly ranked.  

Well...that being said ... no tougher than the original fall schedule with two less games and now having to play at Delaware...interesting if we play non conference games....I can live with this...the first game on the road helps us avoid a potential sports overload....chance of better weather closer to the coast...with the exception of a late season Nor'easter 

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Why are there 7 in the north and only 4 in the south? Even if Towson had not bolted it would make 7-5? Why is Delaware in the north? Should be 6-6 or 6-5 without Towson.

My guess is they want everybody to play the same number of divisional games, without any cross-division games that would have to count in the standings for one team but not the other. Wouldn't want to get into winning percentage when the number of league games is different.

7 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

My guess is they want everybody to play the same number of divisional games, without any cross-division games that would have to count in the standings for one team but not the other. Wouldn't want to get into winning percentage when the number of league games is different.

I have seen the same concern in another social media forum about Delaware being placed in the Northern Division... the need for Southern Division to play each other twice.... I think the CAA Football Committee handle it as well as it could

I wonder when we will know if fans will be allowed because right now they aren’t. I wonder if we pass on season tickets due to health concerns if they’ll hold them for 2021 fall. I wonder about a lot of stuff. If anyone from the AD’s office monitors this forum, we need communication. Please keep us up to date, please don’t take us for granted.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

I wonder when we will know if fans will be allowed because right now they aren’t. I wonder if we pass on season tickets due to health concerns if they’ll hold them for 2021 fall. I wonder about a lot of stuff. If anyone from the AD’s office monitors this forum, we need communication. Please keep us up to date, please don’t take us for granted.  

Many of us are in the same spot...likewise other people, including the AD and UAlbany president are pondering this decision.  The decision on the pending basketball season is likely to come first.  Not an easy call at this time.  See link below for the Albany Times Union are the Capital District current spike of COVID-19 cases:

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Eight-Albany-County-COIVD-19-patients-15685211.php?IPID=Times-Union-HP-CP-Spotlight

Edited by cwdickens

An additional story breaking from the Times Union concerning Andrew Cuomo thoughts on family gatherings at Thanksgiving:

ALBANY — As the Capital Region readies for a second wave of the coronavirus and other states across the country see cases spike, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo cautioned New Yorkers this week against hosting large family gatherings over the holidays.

"If you are asking for my advice, I have said publicly that my personal advice is you don't have family gatherings, even for Thanksgiving," he said. "I don't want to endanger our family or our friends, so we'll celebrate virtually."

The governor emphasized, though, that it is his personal opinion and New Yorkers are free to travel wherever they want. Those who travel to a state experiencing high rates of COVID-19 infection are expected to quarantine upon return, Cuomo said.

My wife and I have talked about the holidays....based on news accounts...things have taken a turn south...sad

4 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Many of us are in the same spot...likewise other people, including the AD and UAlbany president are pondering this decision.  The decision on the pending basketball season is likely to come first.  Not an easy call at this time.  See link below for the Albany Times Union are the Capital District current spike of COVID-19 cases:

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Eight-Albany-County-COIVD-19-patients-15685211.php?IPID=Times-Union-HP-CP-Spotlight

Yeah. I don’t expect immediate answers or anything, but just keep the fans in mind and let us know as soon as you can what the plan is going to be. I totally realize that it’s really an unprecedented situation and they are making decisions on the fly while basing them on a foundation of quicksand. I don’t envy them at all. 

15 hours ago, cwdickens said:

An additional story breaking from the Times Union concerning Andrew Cuomo thoughts on family gatherings at Thanksgiving:

ALBANY — As the Capital Region readies for a second wave of the coronavirus and other states across the country see cases spike, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo cautioned New Yorkers this week against hosting large family gatherings over the holidays.

"If you are asking for my advice, I have said publicly that my personal advice is you don't have family gatherings, even for Thanksgiving," he said. "I don't want to endanger our family or our friends, so we'll celebrate virtually."

The governor emphasized, though, that it is his personal opinion and New Yorkers are free to travel wherever they want. Those who travel to a state experiencing high rates of COVID-19 infection are expected to quarantine upon return, Cuomo said.

My wife and I have talked about the holidays....based on news accounts...things have taken a turn south...sad

My extended family Thanksgiving and Christmas get together shave been cancelled for 2020. Sad indeed.