UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany vs Siena

John D'Argenio, Siena's Athletic Director, in my opinion, is taking a wait and see position before jumping back into this no win situation that is likely to be a 3-5 year contract.

Reasons for delaying this until 2022 - 2023:

• Where is the Siena men's program headed....Does our team have capabilities beating UAlbany? His team has many player changes...
  • How good is the UAlbany team and how much better will UAlbany be in 2022-2023? (I suspected we have very competitive team this year and a better team in 2022-2023.
  • In a year, who will I be dealing with at UAlbany and can I get a better financial deal in a year?  Further, John must be asking himself who will I be dealing with at UAlbany in a year....will Mark Benson still be around (just saying as an example).  John has been at Siena nearly 30 years, Mark is hoping for ten years....
  • Not doing anything....the concern just goes away

John sees no benefit bring Siena to SEFCU because there is little if any support for this in the Siena fan base further he knows UAlbany wants a home - home deal.

Let us see if a year changes anything......

IMHO D'Argenio just blowing smoke. No mention in the article about the elephant in the room--lcc coming to SEFCU every other year. No talks or contracts can even be discussed until this issue is resolved and in the TU article sited above the biggest issue/obstacle is NOT even mentioned?? Tells me D'Argenio just looking for some press and the TU happy to provide free advertising.

HOME AND AWAY OR NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 3

This conversation needs to start with game at SEFCU! With the first game of the series starting with SEFCU. I won't be in attendance for any Siena game that doesn't have a return to SEFCU. Siena fans can go kick rocks or get someone else into the TUC to fill up to 10k or 11k. 

If Benson folds he needs to be replaced for caving into an institution that is in no position to  dictate terms as UA dwarfs them. One is a large State school and the other is a small liberal arts college...ACT LIKE IT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bob87 said:

I don't really care much which lowly maac teams Albany plays as long as it is home and home.

If I had to choose, Iona would be most desirable given they have been the best team in that league 

Just to add to Bob87's well stated comment: when we have played other MAAC schools (ex. Niagara, Canisius) the games have been home and home.  Iona is excellent draw for the SEFCU with Pitino as their head coach.

• 3 weeks later...