UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Not surprised. I said mid-way through the year that he and Verse would definitely transfer. Didn't think of guys like Walker, etc. but not surprised about them either.

No way this kid forgot how to play football. Something changed in the system/with the staff that caused him to look like a shell of 2019. Either that or his big year was just a direct result of the WR's he had (which was one of the best groups we ever had).

2019: 56.4 COMP%, 3,524yd, 7.6avg, 41 TD, 10 INT, 35 sacks, 145.2 Rating
2021: 54.7 COMP%, 1,734yd, 6.8avg, 8 TD, 7 INT, 21 sacks, 117.0 Rating

9 minutes ago, Eli said:

Not surprised. I said mid-way through the year that he and Verse would definitely transfer. Didn't think of guys like Walker, etc. but not surprised about them either.

No way this kid forgot how to play football. Something changed in the system/with the staff that caused him to look like a shell of 2019. Either that or his big year was just a direct result of the WR's he had (which was one of the best groups we ever had).

2019: 56.4 COMP%, 3,524yd, 7.6avg, 41 TD, 10 INT, 35 sacks, 145.2 Rating
2021: 54.7 COMP%, 1,734yd, 6.8avg, 8 TD, 7 INT, 21 sacks, 117.0 Rating

My first thought was Rutgers; however most recruiting services are high on QB Gavin Wimsatt, who is already enrolled at Rutgers....perhaps Syracuse....no more rain storms, a great football training building.....cannot beat their band

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Undercuffler in

How much do you want to bet he returns to form  

Benson took a massive risk   Maybe he’s calculated it, I just don’t know

Bensons hands were tied...he's not in position to pay out a 300K+ contract. This is situation in the making 4 years ago when he-resigned Gattuso with no history of success at UA. Gattuso repaid his trust by somehow completely $ienating his adult diaper. What else do you expect from a guy blocking folks on social media, throwing kids under the bus at every turn. 

At the end of the year next year at half-time of the last game, someone needs to go into his office and throw all his crap in a black plastic bag and leave it outside the door. Regardless if he has zero wins or zero losses and goes perfect on the season. His career here is irredeemable. There is no future for him here. Benson should approach him with a buyout offer to let him go, granted the time to do that was 2 months ago. Gattuso wants to be here probably as much as the fans want him here...he knows he's failed but the bag of dollars is too enticing for a guy who will never coach again. I get it...who knows, maybe if by some miracle it's not a complete dumpster fire he can get a HS coaching gig.  

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

I am shocked by the number of guys transferring.  Danny Damico has offers from Villanova and Towson.   I thought Undercuffler would wait until a new OC was hired.   Also the co-oline coach Sweeney is gone.  The handwriting is on the wall with Gattuso.  How do you bring in any new coaches when he is dead man walking?   The punter from Eastern KY has decided to not come back as well.   The big surprise for me is the DL Mazon leaving with 1 year left.  I wouldn't think there would be much of a market for a 5'9 255 lb DT.  UA can sugar coat it however they want but the fact is the players can't stand Gattuso.   I would imagine from a numbers perspective for spring they need to focus on juco transfers to enroll for spring semester.  How many full rides are available with all of these guys leaving?         

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Danes77 said:

I am shocked by the number of guys transferring.  Danny Damico has offers from Villanova and Towson.   I thought Undercuffler would wait until a new OC was hired.   Also the co-oline coach Sweeney is gone.  The handwriting is on the wall with Gattuso.  How do you bring in any new coaches when he is dead man walking?   The punter from Eastern KY has decided to not come back as well.   The big surprise for me is the DL Mazon leaving with 1 year left.  I wouldn't think there would be much of a market for a 5'9 255 lb DT.  UA can sugar coat it however they want but the fact is the players can't stand Gattuso.   I would imagine from a numbers perspective for spring they need to focus on juco transfers to enroll for spring semester.  How many full rides are available with all of these guys leaving?         

Whoa.  He canned Sweeney?  If so I will guarantee you that wasn’t by choice. He’s a BFF of Gattuso.  My guess is that Benson said it’s your job or you fire Coaches.  I heard similar pressure was put on a certain hoops Coach, at least twice.  

50 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Whoa.  He canned Sweeney?  If so I will guarantee you that wasn’t by choice. He’s a BFF of Gattuso.  My guess is that Benson said it’s your job or you fire Coaches.  I heard similar pressure was put on a certain hoops Coach, at least twice.  

Now if Bernard goes...then we know something is up. 

7 hours ago, Danes77 said:

There is always someone looking for work.....in the coaches world....even for a single season

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-QB-Jeff-Undercuffler-enters-NCAA-transfer-16710133.php

The Times - Union articles states Undercuffler did not provide a reason for his departure.  I strongly believe the reason is deeply personal and family related because an incident during the Maine Game.  After a series of a bad plays, with Undercuffler returning to the bench, a "fan" appears at the top of Section 105 screams outrageous and inflammatory remarks towards Undercuffler and stating his name during the rant.  I am not certain if Undercuffler heard this act of incivility however; I know Undercuffler's dad and family heard the remarks from their seats in 105.  As only a father can do when a family member is under unwarranted personal attack, Jeff, Sr. defended his son and family honor and the assailant wither away and disappeared from view. From that moment on, I wonder if Undercuffler would return in 2022.  While many believe this is a Gattuso based decision, I strongly believe there is more to his decision.  

I strongly believe the person who made the remarks posts regularly on the forum and sits among us during basketball games.    

P.S.  The individual was around early 40's, screamed something about numbers (at one point).....I saw the person, I have no clue who he is however; I thought that I saw him again at a MBB game.....but again was the same person who knows

Edited by cwdickens
Post Script Addition

32 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-QB-Jeff-Undercuffler-enters-NCAA-transfer-16710133.php

The Times - Union articles states Undercuffler did not provide a reason for his departure.  I strongly believe the reason is deeply personal and family related because an incident during the Maine Game.  After a series of a bad plays, with Undercuffler returning to the bench, a "fan" appears at the top of Section 105 screams outrageous and inflammatory remarks towards Undercuffler and stating his name during the rant.  I am not certain if Undercuffler heard this act of incivility however; I know Undercuffler's dad and family heard the remarks from their seats in 105.  As only a father can do when a family member is under unwarranted personal attack, Jeff, Sr. defended his son and family honor and the assailant wither away and disappeared from view. From that moment on, I wonder if Undercuffler would return in 2022.  While many believe this is a Gattuso based decision, I strongly believe there is more to his decision.  

I strongly believe the person who made the remarks posts regularly on the forum and sits among us during basketball games.    

Name the person...if your thinking it's me...go ahead and say it and we'll go from there. For the record I was at one game this season...season opener vs Rhode Island...I never came back.

I've sat right in front of Jimbo for many years and bring my kids to the game. He knows of my behavior at the game and you can ask him directly if I have ever in a decade plus had any confrontation with player, parent or coach. My tickets are in 205 upper deck...

As usual...you spew bs. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Sad 1