UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #30: 3/1/22 - 7:00PM vs Hartford

Eli

Has anyone done the playoff scenario breakdowns? What this game could mean from a seeding perspective? I know it is going to be a wild couple of days with so many teams in the middle. Last time I looked only UVM, SBU, and Maine knew what they were going to be doing and where they were going after the last regular season game.

Maine and SBU will have the off-season to prepare for next year, and UVM is the #1 seed. That is all I know for sure. 

53 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Has anyone done the playoff scenario breakdowns? What this game could mean from a seeding perspective? I know it is going to be a wild couple of days with so many teams in the middle. Last time I looked only UVM, SBU, and Maine knew what they were going to be doing and where they were going after the last regular season game.

Maine and SBU will have the off-season to prepare for next year, and UVM is the #1 seed. That is all I know for sure. 

If UMBC beats Bing, they're the #2 seed and Bing can't host a first-round game. If we beat Hartford we host a first-round game. If New Hampshire beats Lowell they host a first-round game.  If Hartford wins two games they host a first-round game. I don't think any other matchups can be figured until Hartford plays Lowell at 6:00 on Thursday and we can tell who's the highest finishers (for matchups in the tiebreakers)

UMBC has 7 losses, Albany and UNH have 8, Hart has 8 with a game in hand, and Bing has 9. So 8 losses assures hosting, but 9 puts you into a tiebreaker at best.

Edited by UAalum72
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Anyone know are the first round games Sunday the 6th or Saturday the 5th. AmEast sites have conflicting info??

A Feb. 9th story  #AEPlayoff Dates Adjusted says the women's playoffs are on March 5th, 8th, and 11th, and the men are on March 6th, 9th and 12th. Pushed back to get more space - Hartford has a game on the 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It may seem like a man crush but Neely is the pot that stirs the drink. Horton is our best player however ,

We have 2 points in our first 6 minutes.  Neely comes in and we get 21 points in the next 8 minutes. His defense is not great but he commands respect on the offensive end and rebounds the crap out of the ball. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

I can't believe Reddish and Newman play as much as they do.  

Reddish had never seen a shot he has not liked and is terrible . 

Newman does not do anything right. He has some good games but should not be playing this late in the year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

Really don't like how DK coached himself out of momentum...went way to long with ineffective Reddish and Newman. I know guys need rest but you can't have those two on the court for to long...

I have questioned DK's rotations for the last 4 games or so.  Would love to know why Reddish plays more then Neely . Maybe Neely doesn't have the legs but damn. Newman, especially with Perry back should see about 3 mins . 

21 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Really don't like how DK coached himself out of momentum...went way to long with ineffective Reddish and Newman. I know guys need rest but you can't have those two on the court for to long...

Umm there were subs sitting on the sidelines for almost 6 minutes. From the under 12 timeout till about the 6 minute mark. Refs swallowed their whistles.