UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany MLAX Game 11 vs UVM Catamounts 3:00 PM April 16, 2022 Casey Stadium

A "must" win situation .... if this Great Dane team wants to show that they are a competitive team and a force to be reckon with.

APR 16 (SAT) 3:00 PM
AE
VS 
Edited by cwdickens
clarification

• cwdickens changed the title to UAlbany MLAX Game 11 vs UVM Catamounts 3:00 PM April 16, 2022 Casey Stadium

Weather Forecast for Saturday: Rain gear needed .... again ..... 

Showers. High near 51. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

No idea what to expect Saturday.   They are well rested this time!  We are mostly a young team and seem to have trouble with travel [ duuuuuh!!].   Coach said it took them time to get over the Maryland game BUT then Maryland has destroyed every one, except Syracuse who they only beat by 4.    The last game, a quick turnaround and 7 hours travel - I hope Coach Marr and the AD understand that they can NOT do this in the future - the guys were totally worn out.   One would have thought they knew this before scheduling the game.  And that may have destroyed any chance of winning the league!  VT and NJIT are absolute must wins and even then who knows how it'll all turn out!

5 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

No idea what to expect Saturday.   They are well rested this time!  We are mostly a young team and seem to have trouble with travel [ duuuuuh!!].   Coach said it took them time to get over the Maryland game BUT then Maryland has destroyed every one, except Syracuse who they only beat by 4.    The last game, a quick turnaround and 7 hours travel - I hope Coach Marr and the AD understand that they can NOT do this in the future - the guys were totally worn out.   One would have thought they knew this before scheduling the game.  And that may have destroyed any chance of winning the league!  VT and NJIT are absolute must wins and even then who knows how it'll all turn out!

From my recollection, in most recent years there is usually 4 games paired .... this year....Syracuse - UMBC then NJIT - Yale ..... last year one of the pairings was Syracuse - UMBC  however the UMBC was Sunday.... I agreed more care in the scheduling would help .... 

Breaking news....this Dane Train is stuck in the station.  The defense is offensive and the offense forgot how to pass and protect the ball. 

Last second goal was a crisp pass and shot...credit where credit is due. Down 6-2 after 1. This UVM team is really good. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

Left @ the ½. The only positive I can say besides this Team SUCKS (and if you think that is Not a positive statement, I can’t say/write what I’m really thinking); so for the positive UA did win the face-off battle against one of the best f/o guys in the country (for all the good it did them. )

Thats all I have to say. The End.     {of the season more than likely??}

• Like 1

The thing that annoys me is that they are outhustled every game AND every other team is FAR more aggressive.   That is ALWAYS coaching.  Time for the coaches to stop being SO passive and laid back.  They get down by 6 - 7 goals and it is impossible to come back when you are out hustled

• Like 2

I've noticed this too. They did come out more aggressive in the second half,  but clearly were not up to the task. The UVM players cutting to the goal were often untouched and that shouldn't happen. Whoever is coaching the defense is dropping the ball. Ah well, there's always 2023.....................................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Left @ the ½. The only positive I can say besides this Team SUCKS (and if you think that is Not a positive statement, I can’t say/write what I’m really thinking); so for the positive UA did win the face-off battle against one of the best f/o guys in the country (for all the good it did them. )

Yes ..... the MLAX is playing poorly .... based on my count forty-one players could return ... thirty-one freshman and sophomores.... ten juniors ..... so the question is how do we right the ship  .... as I previously stated the transfer portal and two-year college may need to make up most of the 2O22 class .... we need bigger, more athletic athletes  ...... I feel UAlbany MLAX has wasted all the good will built up from the Thompson's years...... Can MLAX recover?.... only time will tell....another sport season .... the same question is asked ....fall FOOTBALL winter MBB ....ugh thank god for summer

• Like 1

Additional thought  .... the proposed bubble facility would go a long way in training and practicing for lacrosse and other sports .... many of the other renovations will help further assist in providing a visible representation that UAlbany cares about the quality of its sports team with updated and modern facilities....

• Like 2

I had to pull over the car during Roger's interview with Coach Marr. You could absolutely hear the frustration in Scott's voice.  I disagree with some of the comments about this being a poorly constructed team. Clearly there isn't an offensive horse on this team the coaching staff can ride as we have had in the past. There are some good athletes on the team, but not the high end guys like an Osika or McClancy, but we do have some solid guys in the midfield who can get up and down the field, and while we don't have the Lyle or Connor at attack there is a skilled group of guys.

For the life of me I don't understand with a talented offensive mind, and Canadian in Thomson as the OC we are not running a more Canadian style offense based upon cutting, two man games, and quick passing. We don't have anyone who can break down a defense so why do we continue to see guys trying to do that? I am not going to single out players, having had one that was sometimes ripped on the forum, but we have guys repeatedly dodging into tackling dummies, trying to beat guys from X and it just ain't happening. If a defensive trio can't play a lick of non zone defense then we have the three wrong guys out there or they are being asked to do the wrong things. I think it is a combination of the two. The lack of off ball awareness is mind blowing. There has to be a combination of three guys, or maybe it is tweaking one or two that allows them to play better as a group. in past years it was a small middle getting beat which caused the defense to have to over rotate, but this year that is not really the case, and we just can not play defense.

We have a one game season on Friday, and then the Yale and Penn games assuming we win, which we absolutely should, are basically scrimmages the last two games to figure out what the heck is going on, and restart for the AE playoffs. If I see the same garbage, and same guys playing defense and offensive guys dodging into walls then I will have to officially give up on the Danes until we have some major shake ups in the coaching staff/philosophy.

On 4/16/2022 at 5:33 PM, dslyank said:

I should have left at the half!