UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On 7/29/2022 at 1:04 PM, Eli said:

Year 9 and we're still getting picked bottom of the league year in year out with like one outlier. Sigh. 

Win games, win respect .... crunch time for Greg .... and Mark .... considering the extension given

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Win games, win respect .... crunch time for Greg .... and Mark .... considering the extension given

It's do or die for the staff. We have--with consideration given to the fact that it is still the CAA, probably the third best league in FCS--a weak conference schedule.  Anything less than 6-5  or 7-4 overall is no bueno, in my book, with this schedule.  

Last year was last year.  Time to put it all together. 

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Agreed 100%.I like our chances of having a decent to a good year if things break our way. The schedule is light after we survive Baylor and no one is expecting anything from us.  IMHO Delaware and Villanova are pretty good and they and barley beat us last year. This new RB from Pitt is the real deal. We just need the OL to block. Gotta win the close games this year

Edited by MRuler 79
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, Dane96 said:

It's do or die for the staff. We have--with consideration given to the fact that it is still the CAA, probably the third best league in FCS--a weak conference schedule.  Anything less than 6-5  or 7-4 overall is no bueno, in my book, with this schedule.  

Last year was last year.  Time to put it all together. 

Agree completely .... 7 - 4 record or the cries for a firing or two will be deafening ... 

https://nuhuskies.com/news/2022/8/3/athletics-campbell-university-accepts-invitation-to-join-caa-in-2023.aspx

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33323417/how-campbell-small-fcs-school-north-carolina-competing-deion-sanders-fbs-teams

https://footballscoop.com/news/recruiting-nfl-mike-minter-deion-sanders-coach-prime-campbell-camels

Edited to add context:

Interesting that they announced this after media day. I guess they figured they didn't want to take away any excitement from this coming season and didn't want any reporters focusing on this change. Either way, a quick google search will show how they are doing with recruitment. Getting lots of kids that would normally go FBS and with that they have the top ranked FCS recruiting class this year. They will probably contend in the CAA on day 1 next season. 

Edited by godanesgo99

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

Not a shock, the move was planned.  THis belongs in the realignment thread. 

You are probably right, but I put it in the media day thread as I was supposed to add a comment to the links about how it is interesting that this move happened after media day, then point out the articles about how great their recruiting is and how they might be a CAA powerhouse right away - but I hit submit reply before I added the comments. 

Edited by godanesgo99

7 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

You are probably right, but I but it in the media day thread as I was supposed to add a comment to the links about how it is interesting that this move happened after media day, then point out the article about how great their recruiting is and how they might be a CAA powerhouse right away - but I hit submit reply before I added the comments. 

Fair point  And they will be a powerhouse right away: THEY CHEAT!!!

The literally were put on probation for five years due to Binging around with transfers. (back in 2016).  They just came off of the probation. We aren't talking one-offs...but like 30+ shady moves. 

UAlbany football rolled out 'red carpet' to get Tyler Pastula

Punter transfer from Delaware also had a trip to Oregon.

First full-pad scrimmage was yesterday. Two of the four QB candidates are ahead of the others, but GG didn't name them. He plans to play two or three of them against Baylor.