UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

As long as we are talking about transfer possibilities, how about actual transfers? Undercuffler is mostly riding the pine at Akron while his team sits at a familiar 1-6. He seems to get sacked a lot based on his running stats and only has 90 yards passing. Braeden Zenolovic has Utica humming on the D3 level at 6-0 with 13 TD and around 250 ypg. Our transfer Vecce must wonder what he’s signed up for or he’s injured, was overrated or in someone’s doghouse. Or maybe it was just a numbers game and Poff was too much to overcome. In any event, the scholly seems to have not paid any dividends. Simon and Sibley on the other hand look like excellent gets. The D2 receivers can look solid at times. As bad as this team is, try to imagine what life would be like without Poffenbarger and Sibley. 

And one other thing. As the NY Giants are currently showing, the difference between being 1-5 and losing all the close games and being 5-1 and winning all the close games comes down to a little bit of luck, but mainly coaching, coaching, coaching and more coaching. 

Edited by jimbo
Had wrong league...in Empire 8...lost to Cortland today.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As the old saying goes If we did not have bad luck, we have no luck at all.  Jimbp, I agree with you: It is all about coaching which I want to clarify means making poor critical play calls during the game.  I have listen to the NY Giants radio game announcers for the play calling. As the NY Giants announcers frequently point out that the NY Giants are not the NFL most talented team however; they are well coached, believe in themselves and have luck on their side.  The three things that are lacking with UAlbany, then add in senior sports administrators who appear not to care.

oh by the way game time weather: sunny, mid sixties for temps

Edited by cwdickens
update

If we finally get rid of this horror show, we should make one of our first calls to Bobby Chesney at Holy Cross.  What he has done there is phenomenal.  I know some of his staff and they are solid.  I think he would do very well at Albany, ensuring academics and a lunch pail work attitude.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

We don't have the horses nor do we have carriage drivers (coaches).  Time to blow this up.  Time has been for a bit...but this is just ridonk.  

We have all the horses we need on offense! This is probably the best offense we have ever had. We have never had a QB on this level. On Defense I couldn't agree more!! We would struggle to stop a D3 program. Gotta keep Ambrose as OC or HC in the mix as I believe he is attached to the hip with Poff. D has to be rebuilt from the ground up. 

Edited by MRuler 79
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MRuler 79 said:

We have all the horses we need on offense! This is probably the best offense we have ever had. We have never had a QB on this level. On Defense I couldn't agree more!! We would struggle to stop a D3 program. Gotta keep Ambrose as OC or HC in the mix as I believe he is attached to the hip with Poff. D has to be rebuilt from the ground up. 

Don't disagree.  In his tenure it is "we have an offense, no defense" or "has a defense, no offense".  He's just a bad football coach and propped up by basically getting kids at Duquense the rest of the NEC could not.  However, he was badly exposed by Bob Ford.

Look, many football alumni were wary about his hire after his interviews.  They were right.  

Time to move on.  Tired of this "we lost by less than a touchdown" bull$iena excuses.  

As for Poff, he should stay at Albany but I really see him going up to FBS again.  However, needs to be careful...lot of cautionary tales about moving up.  

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Don't disagree.  In his tenure it is "we have an offense, no defense" or "has a defense, no offense".  He's just a bad football coach and propped up by basically getting kids at Duquense the rest of the NEC could not.  However, he was badly exposed by Bob Ford.

Look, many football alumni were wary about his hire after his interviews.  They were right.  

Time to move on.  Tired of this "we lost by less than a touchdown" bull$iena excuses.  

As for Poff, he should stay at Albany but I really see him going up to FBS again.  However, needs to be careful...lot of cautionary tales about moving up.  

When you are right you are right.

If Poff wins a few games this year I think/hope/pray he will be back. Not that he couldn't play at the FBS level as I am sure he can but two schools/programs in two years seems like a bit much. Id like to think he has made friends etc. We shall see but he will own all of the records in the CAA if he stays.