UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Eli changed the title to Game #7: 10/22/22 - 3:30PM @ Villanova

My Saturdays are freed up to watch meaningful football games, like Alabama vs Tennessee today...what a game! UAlbany really is not worth the effort as long as the Benson-Gattuso regime are in place.  1-5. The season is over by mid October. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eli said:

I was planning to watch the game from the Punta Cana Beach I will be on on the 22nd but I think I'm going to just watch the beach sales guy try to hawk their $1 magnets/wares (hopefully not to me). 

Why spoil a nice beach day? We were on a beach in Mexico several years ago and a hawker tried to sell something to my wife...she didn’t want it so he called her something in Spanish that in English rhymes with witch. So she responded in her (native) Spanish with a threat to report him to the resort authorities. He high tailed it. 

• Haha 2

Any thoughts on Poffenbarger?  He is racking up weekly awards in CAA and FCS even more than Undercuffler did.  Of course that should worry the program as he can easily bail after this season if sick and tired of losing.  The kid is doing everything he can to win except play defense.  If I were him, if Gattuso back next season, then off to the transfer portal.  Fire Gattuso and bring in a solid hire, then he might stay and give the new regime a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alum73 said:

Wouldn't he have to sit out a year? I thought you only got 1 penalty free transfer.

I don't think he's going anywhere.  He's very good, but he's too small to start at a big school unless he's Russell Wilson, and Russell Wilson isn't Russell Wilson, and his arm strength isn't Power 5. 

As we look forward to another game day, I’d like to update a theme I’ve brought up before. As of today, there are no CAA teams ranked in the top 10. As of today, Sagarin has the CAA ranked 6th among all FCS conferences. Is this an aberration or indicative of a long term decline of the conference? JMU’s success over the last decade has propped up the ratings for the conference. Now that they are out into the FBS realm (and doing well I might add) the bottom has dropped out. I still maintain that the CAA, especially the northern schools, are at a serious disadvantage recruiting wise due to the relative paucity of D1 talent in NY/NE and the increasing concentration of scholarship granting schools. I think when the NEC and Patriot leagues started granting scholarships it spread out the available talent that used to go solely to the old Yankee, now CAA conferences as well as the Ivies. Perhaps there will be a resurgence, but IMHO, the CAA of today has nowhere near the luster it had 15 or even 10 years ago. Just musings here…..

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 5:15 PM, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I don't think he's going anywhere.  He's very good, but he's too small to start at a big school unless he's Russell Wilson, and Russell Wilson isn't Russell Wilson, and his arm strength isn't Power 5. 

I agree. I also believe the reason Poff came to UA was because of the OC Ambrose. I doubt he would leave. 

IMHO do not agree he is "too small" to play UP. He was recruited by Old Dominion and IMHO he may just be the best QB in the "powerful" CAA right now. He is accurate, he mobile, and he is poised. From what I've seen [confess I do not subscribe to "FLO", thus have only seen home games & some highlights], he can through the deep pass and the deep down and out [two demonstrations of arm strength.] Again, I confess I'm NOT an expert but IMHO he can most definitely play up a conference, including low FBS.

And IMHO unless this UA team doesn't start winning "some" games, it would not surprise me if he bolted.