UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NEED TO FIRE GG NOW. Promote the OC and let him see if he can change things for the final handful of games.  

I have cut my annual giving to almost nothing.  I won't support a program that does not support itself.  Cancelled my season tickets 2 years ago.  

Benson needs to be asked tough questions but we are not a big time program so it will never happen.  Poor poor poor coaching. Poor poor poor leadership.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, nysteve661 said:

Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.  I believe Benson was drawing up an extra year to the extension for GG with a minute and half left.  Did he rip it up????

No, Benson asked GG to sign his one-year extension because we lost another close game.

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

NEED TO FIRE GG NOW. Promote the OC and let him see if he can change things for the final handful of games.  

I have cut my annual giving to almost nothing.  I won't support a program that does not support itself.  Cancelled my season tickets 2 years ago.  

Benson needs to be asked tough questions but we are not a big time program so it will never happen.  Poor poor poor coaching. Poor poor poor leadership.  

Sounds like an action plan but Benson is too much of coward to act on this plan,,,

I really, really hope that Benson had half a brain with the extension and it is literally 1 year with a year option.  At this point, i'd take any money they were saving to go to the CAA, divert it...fire Gattuso...pay him next year's salary with that cash, promote Ambrose...and let's clean up this $iena. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Sounds like an action plan but Benson is too much of coward to act on this plan,,,

He has no money....that why this extension was such a giant mistake unless he extended him with an out clause. Gattuso is a loser....has always been a loser here and this was obvious 6 years ago if not longer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

He has no money....that why this extension was such a giant mistake unless he extended him with an out clause. Gattuso is a loser....has always been a loser here and this was obvious 6 years ago if not longer. 

I wish Gattuso will come to his senses and step down for the player's sake, their families and the fans of the UAlbany football.  As we have learned in last couple days, consequences are for the other guy and/or UAlbany Sports leaders will mitigate the consequences to avoid embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I wish Gattuso will come to his senses and step down for the player's sake, their families and the fans of the UAlbany football.  As we have learned in last couple days, consequences are for the other guy and/or UAlbany Sports leaders will mitigate the consequences to avoid embarrassment.

Losertusso will keep taking a check as long as one is offered to him. Guy has zero balls to admit he's a terrible coach and resign. All he has the balls to do is blame others. 

He needs to be fired or he will never leave of his own volition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is really sad. I loved watching UA football on Saturday's.  I'm not local so I remember watching grainy video on the Dane Zone. Now I find myself not caring at all. I gave up my FloSports subscription after a month and basically follow games through twitter if at all.  I had so many of my alumni friends getting involved, was putting together trips to Albany for games and got those friends to away games that were close to the NYC area. Now none of them want to make these trips anymore. None of them are engaged in the program.  It's sad and terrible and I hope someone from Athletic Dept reads this to see that Gattuso blowing this program up has a real effect on alumni engagement and donations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3