UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #2: 11/8/22 - 5:00PM at Immaculata

Eli

UA should be embarrassed. After a good effort yesterday, they have not shown up at all today. And what’s up with all the subs. I get it want to get everyone involved & see what you have; but some times guys come in & out in a matter of seconds???? 
Speaking of seeing everyone:  I’ve seen more than enough of #4 Edmead. Burry him on the bench imho.

14 to’s against a DIII😂😂🤣

Edited by dslyank

Not concerned about the subs...get these guys time if we are going to do this.  In fact, I would sit anyone in the Top 6-7 of the rotation for the second half.

My "at the end of the bench" (since it will happen, has to happen at some point): Edmead, Jackson, Ketner, and Little. 

My starting five:  Davis, Patel, Neely, Hutch, and Beagle.

First two off the bench (if no foul trouble): Drumgoole, and Reddish.

Next guys off the bench: Kellogg and Amica.

Little could play his way into a 10th spot if the lightbulb goes on or Amica just doesn't settle yet.  

Why does Hutch only have 2 minutes? I missed a bunch of the game. Not hurt I hope?

My starters right now...

Patel, Reddish, Drumgoole, Neely, Beagle

Both Reddish and Drumgoole are athletic enough to play guardish type roles and while we don't have typical height in the forward position, this lineup is big overall and would give the AE fits. 

That leaves a bunch of quick sparks on the bench with Davis, Amica, Hutch, Jackson, and Little. Ketner getting some time when muscle is needed. Not sure what Edmead or Kellogg will bring but both should get minutes. 

I am cautiously optimistic about the season at the moment. The biggest issue I see is that the team is very balanced with no major standouts. Gonna be hard to find everyone minutes. Gonna do very well against the bottom of the AE, not sure anyone can take over games against the top of the league.

Maybe I'm wrong and a few players take the next step to all-conference type players. Beyond Neely, I'm not sure anyone makes more than third team.

Edited by godanesgo99

An expected win but issues.  8 of 17 from foul line?  Beagle has to work on that or teams will hack him inside.  And 14 TOs from Neely and Reddish combined, 24 total, unacceptable vs a D3 team, just carelessness.  Immaculetta had 16 steals vs D1 players, again careless.  

35 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Why does Hutch only have 2 minutes? I missed a bunch of the game. Not hurt I hope?

My starters right now...

Patel, Reddish, Drumgoole, Neely, Beagle

Both Reddish and Drumgoole are athletic enough to play guardish type roles and while we don't have typical height in the forward position, this lineup is big overall and would give the AE fits. 

That leaves a bunch of quick sparks on the bench with Davis, Amica, Hutch, Jackson, and Little. Ketner getting some time when muscle is needed. Not sure what Edmead or Kellogg will bring but both should get minutes. 

I am cautiously optimistic about the season at the moment. The biggest issue I see is that the team is very balanced with no major standouts. Gonna be hard to find everyone minutes. Gonna do very well against the bottom of the AE, not sure anyone can take over games against the top of the league.

Maybe I'm wrong and a few players take the next step to all-conference type players. Beyond Neely, I'm not sure anyone makes more than third team.

I read that he has a hurt back...so I presume he was stiffening up.  

You need a lead guard and Davis is more of a lead guard than Patel.  So if Patel is in the lineup, and he should be, you need to sacrifice one of Reddish and Drumgoole.  If I had to guess, and if Hutch is hurt...it will be Reddish starting and Drumgoole as the sixth guy getting starting minutes.  

Personally, I feel strongly that if Hutch is healthy he will start as he is basically playing an undersized PF that will allow Neely to roam freely.  It's his role from last year.  He will do a ton of dirty work and come out with double digit games here and there.  I really, really like both Drumgoole and Reddish as super subs off the bench getting what is basically starting minutes.

Off the bench, they will create MAJOR matchup problems in the AE because they are both long and athletic, and both can make shots.  

I think Jackson gets redshirted.

I agree with your final assessments in the last two paragraphs.

32 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

An expected win but issues.  8 of 17 from foul line?  Beagle has to work on that or teams will hack him inside.  And 14 TOs from Neely and Reddish combined, 24 total, unacceptable vs a D3 team, just carelessness.  Immaculetta had 16 steals vs D1 players, again careless.  

The FTs are concerning...super concerning. 

13 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I read that he has a hurt back...so I presume he was stiffening up.  

You need a lead guard and Davis is more of a lead guard than Patel.  So if Patel is in the lineup, and he should be, you need to sacrifice one of Reddish and Drumgoole.  If I had to guess, and if Hutch is hurt...it will be Reddish starting and Drumgoole as the sixth guy getting starting minutes.  

Personally, I feel strongly that if Hutch is healthy he will start as he is basically playing an undersized PF that will allow Neely to roam freely.  It's his role from last year.  He will do a ton of dirty work and come out with double digit games here and there.  I really, really like both Drumgoole and Reddish as super subs off the bench getting what is basically starting minutes.

Off the bench, they will create MAJOR matchup problems in the AE because they are both long and athletic, and both can make shots.  

I think Jackson gets redshirted.

I agree with your final assessments in the last two paragraphs.

Would make sense for Jackson to redshirt. There aren't enough minutes to go around, and while I think he could be better than some other players on the team already, giving him a year to learn and grow as a player would be a huge plus for him.

When I made my fictitious starting lineup I struggled with exactly what you said. Davis and Hutch should probably start based on grit and experience, but I went the way I did because I think Reddish and Drumgoole cause more matchup problems from the jump and could prevent the team from starting in a hole like they seem to have done in the first games (including exhibition). 

Not sure we could go wrong either way. As I said, lots of balance, no big stars to take over, not enough minutes to keep everyone happy. I'd love to see the team actually play quick with run and gun and full court pressure as DK said he wanted to and stream subs to keep everyone fresh leaving most players with 20-25 minutes, but I doubt it will happen.

I see the team with a chance to contend, but most likely a little above .500. if they can avoid big losses in the transfer portal next year they could start the year as league favorites.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone mentioned the fact that they were played 2 games in the span of 22 hours? You’d have to think they’d be a bit tired today. Plus I’m sure There’s a general lack of intensity going up against a D3 opponent. The foul shooting must be corrected because it will definitely cost them a handful of games. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Not concerned about the subs...get these guys time if we are going to do this. 

I agree;  play & see as many as you can this early in the year. My question; does anyone know why some of the substitutions literally play a minute or so [even less sometimes] and go right out??  It is almost like the coach did/does not realize who went in and for how long?? Anyone, notice the same thing and why this might be occurring?

14 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Hutch has had back issues since game one. In the St. Rose game he wore a back brace on the bench; but only had it on a minute or so and he threw it off. I guess it must be still acting up yesterday; but I did not hear anything official on the post game report?

13 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'd love to see the team actually play quick with run and gun and full court pressure as DK said he wanted to and stream subs to keep everyone fresh leaving most players with 20-25 minutes, but I doubt it will happen.

I agree with this statement 100%; but disagree with you assumption that you doubt it will happen. I absolutely think DK will employ the strategy you mention and you will see numerous players average 20-25 per game. Might be a slightly different group each game based on match-ups/injurries/player fatigue,  whatever; but IMHO it is what DK plans and will do.

Also agree Jackson could/should redshirt; but from what I hear It won't happen. Was post game interviewee twice already and seems to be a team leader/spokesperson of sorts. I am NOT saying, he should not be red-shirted {seems hesitant offensively and a year to mature there would most definitely help--defensively IMHO he is start ready now.}  But as I said, pretty sure the plan is he will play this year even if only a few minutes per game. As/IF he gets more confident offensively, not IMHO out of the question he joins the 20-25 minute group {doubtful though.}

• Like 1