UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #5: 11/17/22 - 7:00PM at St. Joseph's

Eli

23 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

St. Joe's was really physical in the first few minutes and the team started playing angry.

You want your team to play with a little anger, but that's to get you going.

Are there any suggestions you could give to the head coach to help the team play with more anger?

😬

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, haggyland said:

Are there any suggestions you could give to the head coach to help the team play with more anger?

😬

Obviously my language was chosen purposely in the moment, but you do want aggression and not coming out flat. You need blood pumping. Even this year the team has played poorly for periods of the first half in almost every game. They were losing to Union at the half. They tend to play better in the second halfs. You can't have the team tentative to attack.

I make no comment on how you bring that out as a coach. Context of what I posted, and what happened is important.

When other teams go on a run and you call time out, that's when you need to to keep them calm, collected, and together ... stop the bleeding.  Starting at the halfway mark of the second half of the LCC gane through the first 10 minutes of the St. Joe's game, the team just couldn't get a stop or a basket. Team took too long to stop playing isolation sets and pressing too hard. Pressing plus frustration doesn't mix.

They have looked pretty strong in every game if 5-10 minutes of each game could be erased.

Edited by godanesgo99

6 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Obviously my language was chosen purposely in the moment, but you do want aggression and not coming out flat. You need blood pumping. Even this year the team has played poorly for periods of the first half in almost every game. They were losing to Union at the half. They tend to play better in the second halfs. You can't have the team tentative to attack.

I make no comment on how you bring that out as a coach. Context of what I posted, and what happened is important.

When other teams go on a run and you call time out, that's when you need to to keep them calm, collected, and together ... stop the bleeding.  Starting at the halfway mark of the second half of the LCC gane through the first 10 minutes of the St. Joe's game, the team just couldn't get a stop or a basket. Team took too long to stop playing isolation sets and pressing too hard. Pressing plus frustration doesn't mix.

They have looked pretty strong in every game if 5-10 minutes of each game could be erased.

I get what you were saying.  That part is good. 

What's not good is that a head coach 5 games into his tenure might have slapped a kid to get him to play angry. 

Also,  here's my ax to grind: 

He is a Benson hire. Benson is outmatched and outclassed at his job. He sets the culture of the program and performance is down while scandals and lawsuits are up.  He is unfit to be an athletic director...there is more to the job than fundraising. 

You,  however? I like your analysis. 

• Like 2

My ramble for the day:

Killings stated when he arrived that he would bring a "New Mentality" to UAlbany; no way did I ever imagine that included inappropriate physical contact with a player, then hire a PR firm to gather a community group to provide him support under less honest circumstances. This year's phase has been whittled down to "Mentality".  I am of the opinion that the "Mentality" has not included playing offense and defense as a team. Further, Killings leadership skill set, as a coach, is so weak he has been unable or unwilling to impress these concepts on the team.